MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me find plywood

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
casinoman
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Mar 2008

Posts: 383

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Help me find plywood Reply with quote

I am looking for some help to find some ply wood.
I will pay im not looking for free. It is just a weird size.

4'X10'X1/4"

I have looked at.
Menards
Homedepot
Lamperts
UBC
Fleet Farm

They all tell me that they don't carry that long of a sheet.
Menards tells me they can get me a lumber stack but I do'nt need 56 sheets.
I am looking for 2 or 3 maybe.

Any thoughts from those of you that do wood working on the side or other wise.
Thanks in advance.
\

edit by SB to make the subject more meaningful
_________________
---------------------------------------------------
I may grow old, But I will never grow up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4051

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Reply with quote

casinoman wrote:
I am looking for some help to find some ply wood.
I will pay im not looking for free. It is just a weird size.

4'X10'X1/4"

I have looked at.
Menards
Homedepot
Lamperts
UBC
Fleet Farm

They all tell me that they don't carry that long of a sheet.
Menards tells me they can get me a lumber stack but I do'nt need 56 sheets.
I am looking for 2 or 3 maybe.

Any thoughts from those of you that do wood working on the side or other wise.
Thanks in advance.
\


Why don't you make contact with those dudes that "find" copper. Maybe they can help you out. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
casinoman
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Mar 2008

Posts: 383

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
casinoman wrote:
I am looking for some help to find some ply wood.
I will pay im not looking for free. It is just a weird size.

4'X10'X1/4"

I have looked at.
Menards
Homedepot
Lamperts
UBC
Fleet Farm

They all tell me that they don't carry that long of a sheet.
Menards tells me they can get me a lumber stack but I do'nt need 56 sheets.
I am looking for 2 or 3 maybe.

Any thoughts from those of you that do wood working on the side or other wise.
Thanks in advance.
\


Why don't you make contact with those dudes that "find" copper. Maybe they can help you out. Laughing



No I want to do this right and that would be wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5704

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found on more than one occasion that Home Depot is willing to order stuff that they don't normally carry (I just made a $400 order from them today) where Menards is much less helpful in that area. You may want to try asking at their contractor desk.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4051

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craigs List has been my new thing to find and sell things. eBay has gone bye bye. I put up a wanted ad for a used, nonworking chainsaw. I got several emails literally within a couple of hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher


Joined: 18 Apr 2008

Posts: 304

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try chcarpenter in Lakeville they have a lardge yard .they mostly sell to contractors but also sell over the counter. I do a game feed there every December and they are real good guys. They are south of lakeville easy to find Good luck on the kayacks Larry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
casinoman
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Mar 2008

Posts: 383

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
Try chcarpenter in Lakeville they have a lardge yard .they mostly sell to contractors but also sell over the counter. I do a game feed there every December and they are real good guys. They are south of lakeville easy to find Good luck on the kayacks Larry



Thanks I will call them today.
And how did you know.
_________________
---------------------------------------------------
I may grow old, But I will never grow up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
casinoman
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Mar 2008

Posts: 383

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
Try chcarpenter in Lakeville they have a


This was about the only yard that I did not call yesterday. I talked with them this morning and they are able to get what I need. Thanks for all the help guys.
_________________
---------------------------------------------------
I may grow old, But I will never grow up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4051

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casinoman wrote:
butcherandswimmer wrote:
Try chcarpenter in Lakeville they have a


This was about the only yard that I did not call yesterday. I talked with them this morning and they are able to get what I need. Thanks for all the help guys.


In small quanitities?? That's good to know. Seriously, thanks for letting us know. I've got Halloween around the corner and you never know what materials I may need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.