MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month-September 2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for September 2008?
30 Feet Which Way?
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Life's a Beach
56%
 56%  [ 18 ]
Inertia-It's the Law
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Gauntlet: Seldon's Century Hide
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Gilligan's Island
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month-September 2008 Reply with quote

This vote will be open for seven days...get your vote in while you can!!!

GC1DRH7: 30 Feet Which Way? by timewellspent
Nominated by speedysk1
This is a very well done cache that has left some frustrated and given a chuckle to others. This is definitely not a park and grab and will require about an hour or so of time. timewellspent puts a lot of thought, time and effort into all his caches, but this one takes the cake so far. Also, if you pay close attention, this could be a twofer special.

Also nominated by msteffel
LOL, beat me to it (speedysk1)! I had started to write up a series of timewellspent caches with “30 Feet Which Way?” being the main one for nomination… but at that point, it basically became - go find ALL timewellspent caches! Thanks for making the nomination, I couldn't agree more! And thanks to timewellspent for all the fantastic hides!

(Related Caches to this nomination: GC1CFWM: 10 Feet Which Way? and GC1BY9A: FTF HOUNDS MN STYLE – TheGilby4 and GC1DRHE: FTF HOUNDS MN STYLE - kredep and GC1E32R: pfalstad or D. B. Cooper, You Decide! and GC1CB9E: Cup of Puzzles and GC1ATF1: Caching Sure Can Be Draining and GC1BADB: Caching Sure Is Draining)

GC1505Z: Life's a beach by uffda320
Nominated by AerosmithPA
I would like to nominate this cache because Uffda uses the surrounding terrain to perfection to create a cache which requires a most unique method to retrieve. I cannot go into great detail without giving away the secret. Giving away too much information also causes me the problem of wanting to tell EVERYONE about the cache, but withholding the fun part. The best way is to plan a stop at this cache when traveling through the Walker area. The cache is an easy walk up a bicycle path, is only feet from the path, but still gives the searcher plenty of privacy to search. I recommend this cache to everyone, a must stop when in the Walker area.

GC128ZV: Inertia – It’s the Law by seldon
Nominated by Marsha and Silent Bob
Arcticabn and I took off for "multi day" where we find only multi caches, much to his dismay, and this one was originally left for the end but due to MN-3 being closed in numerous places we had to take an unplanned detour and stopped at this one at around 10 AM. After parking on what later turned out to be private property and hiking the back way into the county park, we ascended a steep and slippery hill and found a gigantic erratic boulder, split in two with space large enough to walk between, which just happened to be the first stage of this three stage multi. I ended up on top of both halves of the boulder, twice, while Arcticabn looked for the first stage below. After finding the first stage, which was no easy task believe me, we went on to two more stages which were just as challenging. A beautiful park with a challenging cache and an awesome sight. This is a definite must do while traipsing around Rice County!

GC1EJ4X: Gauntlet: Seldon's Century Hide by seldon
Nominated by Bunganator
I would like to nominate this cache because it is by far the most thought out and executed cache I have found. Each stage provides a clever, unique, or flat out brilliant method to get cachers to the next stage. For those of you who want a day long caching adventure challenge you will never forget, go find it!!! I would love to tell every amazing detail about every stage, but I think Seldon would get angry...

GC19J6N: Gilligan's Island by Trail Zombie
Nominated by RonGerth
I am not sure that I agree with how the cache is rated as far as a 5 difficulty and a 2.5 terrain but that does not detract from the cache. It is in an area called Linwood park that I think is used mostly during the winter for cross country skiing and in the summer it is for people like me to wander around and become lost in a swamp in. I hit the cache about half way through a series of caches that day and had a ball with it. I pretty well summed up my experience with it when I wrote the find log for it. I really think that the cache provides an experience that is kind of what geocaching is all about; a person, a gps unit, interesting terrain, wildlife and the chance to get out and get some fresh air.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Last edited by Draconisdax on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this really for September of '09? Life goes too fast the way it is.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
Is this really for September of '09? Life goes too fast the way it is.

New Form of Leap Year???
*Fixed*
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone looked at the current voting results?! This is pretty one-sided so far!
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watchin' it!!!
wbsecore
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life's a Beach...........all the way, You have not gone geocaching untill you do this cache.
Notrub
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: voting for cache of the month Reply with quote

For the life of me I can't seem to find where I select to vote...help!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: voting for cache of the month Reply with quote

Notrub wrote:
For the life of me I can't seem to find where I select to vote...help!

Top of this page you should see some voting options and a button to submit your vote.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the notes on the cache pages may have done something...getting a fairly good turnout...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: