MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Football 08
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Football 08 Reply with quote

Yes the NFL season is right around the corner, so why not see who among the caching community can rule the fantasy world? Best of all it is FREE! And if we can get a full league of 12 teams I might even come up with a small geocaching-related prize for the league champion. So what do you need to do?

Head here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/commissioner/join/league

Then click on private league... this is the info you'll need:

League ID 100471
Password garminrules

Note: You'll need to establish a free "account" with FoxSports. If you have a MSN, Hotmail or Windows Live account that is who Fox uses for accounts, so you can use that e-mail account to sign up, if you don't have one it will help you set up a free account first before you can join the league. There is a 4 team minimum, 12 max. If we get the full 12 team field I'll come up with a caching related prize for the league champion. I have a "Live" draft tenatitvely scheduled for the evening of the 29th, but once teams are established we can move things around as necessary.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as no one tells my wife I'm in a 6th league... I'm in Wink
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's 2 teams... only 10 more to go for fabulous prizes! (Probably at least a trackable unactivated coin of some sort and maybe some other caching related stuff) Have fun with fellow cachers, be able to mock them all NFL season long and walk away with a shiny object!
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
all NFL season long

Oh... so your fantasy football league doesn't involve players from Arsenal and Manchester United? Smile

(In the unlikely event that someone would like to be in a fantasy (English) football league, let me know. And soon... the season starts tomorrow morning.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In it to win it!
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: football season Reply with quote

I always like doing a few of these and other than family and coworkers when I had to work the plublic leauges sucked becase you never knew the players . This should be fun thanks for setting it up Fox has a good leauge also with live scoring and such thanks Laughing butcherandswimmer
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're moving along nicely, still 7 open slots for those who want yet another way to dominate your fellow cacher! Does owning a Garmin mean instant sucess in fantasy football? Who will get the coveted FTD (first to draft) position? And if a Caching Fantasy Football player signs a log in the woods, does it make a noise? Those and many other questions could possibly be answered if you sign up for the fun!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done FF before but I'm willing to give it a try Smile
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried FF and FB before and the thought of having to manage and watch teams and stats, with so little time available, makes me exhausted.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I've tried FF and FB before and the thought of having to manage and watch teams and stats, with so little time available, makes me exhausted.

I've had mixed results, I had a league one year that was an automated draft, and I really didn't do much to it at all and won it. I think the key to a low maintenance team is to just "tinker" once a week, like Thursday, where injuries are pretty much known by then. If you have decent players all it really becomes is watching for the freak injury and the teams bye week. Find a starting lineup you can live with otherwise and you have very little you have to do. Of course there are a lot of people who tinker a lot, I don't have a ton of time to tinker a lot, surprisingly covering an NFL team all season long takes a lot of time, and while I could tell you who has a stubbed toe in the Vikings locker room I usually don't know much about any other team, so it's a quick guessing game for me! (But still fun to talk smack with people you know... I can smell team Lead Foot being born almost as we speak!)
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
I can smell team Lead Foot being born almost as we speak!)

Cool or Embarassed not sure which
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to make a live draft on that day (or most any day) but I'm happy letting the computer do it for me.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:

or team Run For The Border. Smile
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesotabrad wrote:
bflentje wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:

or team Run For The Border. Smile

He could get Taco Bell sponsorship... as long as they don't figure out it is the northern border that he makes the run for.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just had our draft, and I don't even know why we are going through with the regular season. It's over before it starts! I'm pretty sure that I CAN"T lose a game this year! They all must be spending too much time out in the woods. I mean who takes Brett Farve with the first overall pick?! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: