MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sand Dunes State Forest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Sand Dunes State Forest Reply with quote

I got this message from the Patroller, He works for the DNR, I can't make it so I said I would pass the word.

Hi,
We are holding a geocaching "event" at Sand Dunes State Forest Recreation Area to introduce new people to the activity. We are looking for some experienced volunteers to help out. The session will be at 2:00 PM, August 23rd, starting at the amphitheater across from campsite No. 8 in the Ann Lake campground.

Please let me know if you might be available to help us make this program a success.

Thank you,
Hans Erdman
MN DNR State Park Ranger

User's Profile:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=28cad0ba-f844-4846-b115-b382fe6cab37
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be something that I would have been interested in helping out at (right venue), but at 10 days notice there's no way I could swing it.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
This would be something that I would have been interested in helping out at (right venue), but at 10 days notice there's no way I could swing it.

He does it the same time each year. kleiner helped at least once, and he said about 30 showed up.

I finally met Patroller at my Event. There are some cool things being discussed for Sand Dunes. I'm thinking he likes mucluck's culinary skills, and wants us back.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just to let you know, Forestry is doing some pretty heavy logging in the Bob Dunn Rec. Area between the Day Use (Beach) road and North Sand Dunes Road (off of 168th St.). I pulled "Old Knothole" out, and will re-package and re-locate it later this week. For safety's sake, you may want to do the same with any caches you have in the area. The cut is expected to last 3-5 weeks.

'cache safe,
Hans

Hans Erdman
MN DNR State Park Ranger
Sand Dunes State Forest Recreation Area
Zimmerman, MN

User's Profile:
http://coord.info/PR188F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: