MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Hats Begone

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 09 May 2004

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Hard Hats Begone Reply with quote

It's time to free up some park space for new cache placements. I want to archive all of the Hard Hat caches and pick them up. I'm not going to beg, but....

If anybody happens to be near a Hard Hat and felt like picking it up and then posting a note that it's now out of service, well... that would be just fine by me.

Any number of them that get removed before I drive around the Twin Cities picking up the remainder will make my job a whole lot easier. And you get to keep the little helmet too!
You'd also get a dual cache container that could be used like I did, or like you want to do.

If you do pick up a container that has a travel bug, please nab it and move it accordingly.
Thanks.
_________________
-Paklid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MN_Cavepeople
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Feb 2005

Posts: 369

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This series will be missed...especially the Vikings one, what a fine example of excellent cache hiding that one was! Razz Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 09 May 2004

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN_Cavepeople wrote:
This series will be missed...especially the Vikings one, what a fine example of excellent cache hiding that one was! Razz Very Happy


It should be fairly obvious that MN_Cavepeople hid that particular cache for me. It has continued to irritate me that of all 32 Hard Hat caches, this one continues to get the most comments like, "what a nice hide". Smile

I haven't even seen this fabulous hide which I suppose every cacher should try to emulate. I wish someone would take a spoiler picture of it and put it on the cache page.


How very sad though that Caveman needs this kind of validation. Sad. Sad. Sad.
_________________
-Paklid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timewellspent
Geocacher


Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Posts: 708

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took Paklid's request and ran with it. I was able to pick up 20 of the Hard Hat caches. I took all the swag and placed a new cache which you can find Here. Thanks for a fun series Paklid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 09 May 2004

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge thanks to timewellspent for driving all over the place nabbing LTF's on the "Hard Hats" and allowing me to be lazy about it.
_________________
-Paklid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timewellspent
Geocacher


Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Posts: 708

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fun doing it. Now you need to make the drive to find the tribute cache Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 09 May 2004

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now archiving the Boys of Summer Hard Hat caches - they had their day in the sun and it's time to free up acreage for other hiders.

I'll start driving around and picking them up this weekend. If any of you want any of the little helmets as souvenirs, you could remove the caches yourselves (post a note on the cache page so I don't remove that one ahead of your visit) - it would just make that much less driving around for me.
_________________
-Paklid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1944

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paklid wrote:
I'm now archiving the Boys of Summer Hard Hat caches - they had their day in the sun and it's time to free up acreage for other hiders.

I'll start driving around and picking them up this weekend. If any of you want any of the little helmets as souvenirs, you could remove the caches yourselves (post a note on the cache page so I don't remove that one ahead of your visit) - it would just make that much less driving around for me.


I wish you would have warned us BEFORE you archived them so we could have made sure we grabbed them!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timewellspent
Geocacher


Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Posts: 708

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Paklid wrote:
I'm now archiving the Boys of Summer Hard Hat caches - they had their day in the sun and it's time to free up acreage for other hiders.

I'll start driving around and picking them up this weekend. If any of you want any of the little helmets as souvenirs, you could remove the caches yourselves (post a note on the cache page so I don't remove that one ahead of your visit) - it would just make that much less driving around for me.


I wish you would have warned us BEFORE you archived them so we could have made sure we grabbed them!


Yeah, I think I have only found a couple Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 09 May 2004

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:
Paklid wrote:
I'm now archiving the Boys of Summer Hard Hat caches - they had their day in the sun and it's time to free up acreage for other hiders.

I'll start driving around and picking them up this weekend. If any of you want any of the little helmets as souvenirs, you could remove the caches yourselves (post a note on the cache page so I don't remove that one ahead of your visit) - it would just make that much less driving around for me.


I wish you would have warned us BEFORE you archived them so we could have made sure we grabbed them!


Yeah, I think I have only found a couple Sad



I put a note on each of the cache pages 9 weeks ago saying that these would be archived a couple weeks after this years world series. The caches are two baseball seasons old. Some are still in pretty good shape, but because they're just plastic jars, some are just getting worn out. It's time for them to go.

The last ones that will be picked up will be the final three caches. If you want to do those without having completed all the ones still out there be my guest (I call that "bflentje style") Laughing

If there are any that you would like me to wait before picking it up, let me know. Of course, with the limited caching time I have it may take me awhile to get them anyway.
_________________
-Paklid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4061

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paklid wrote:
The last ones that will be picked up will be the final three caches. If you want to do those without having completed all the ones still out there be my guest (I call that "bflentje style") Laughing


SWEET. You frequently hear about KB style hides. Now we get bflentje style finds. Laughing I never did get those final 5 Boys of Summer caches, did I. Oops. TFTC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Oct 2008

Posts: 230

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you picked up the Carver Park hides yet? I will grab those if you haven't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 09 May 2004

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRogersNghbor wrote:
Have you picked up the Carver Park hides yet? I will grab those if you haven't


"no" and PM sent
_________________
-Paklid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mnfishnutz
Geocacher


Joined: 07 May 2009

Posts: 86

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably already knew but the boys of summer cache in West Medicine Lake park got dredged away. (They made the pond bigger and moved the whole log somewhere). Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.