MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metro area State parks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Metro area State parks Reply with quote

Is it possible to get all of the metro area parks in one day? If not, what about the northern portion of the parks?

Last edited by loneeagle_24 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Metro area parks Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Is it possible to get all of the metro area parks in one day? If not, what about the northern portion of the parks?

Do you mean State Parks?
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I meant the State park caches, yes. Was looking at possibly getting these after the event on Saturday if I can.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Sorry I meant the State park caches, yes. Was looking at possibly getting these after the event on Saturday if I can.

It would help if you could grab MN Valley Rec Area and Lake Maria on your way in from the west. Then you could grab Fort Snelling and then head north to grab Wild River, Interstate, Wm. O'Brien, Afton, and then the metro regional final at Afton.

We have not done Afton yet, but were told to allot about 3 hours for both caches.

Also remember that even though the park closes at 10pm, the staff may leave earlier and not be present to provide the metro regional final coordinates or the coin.

Have fun!!!
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked with another cacher and I don't think it will be feasable. The way it is I will be leaving home about 5 in the morning just to get to the event at 9 am with all of the detours and such on the way. Will probably just try to get the northern few caches and leave the southern group for another day. Would be nice if I could get them all in one day though.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up starting with Snelling after the CENTRIS breakfast event. Then went over to get a couple of caches in Wis. so I could get that one on my map now then went up the 95 corridor hitting the state parks and an earth cche along the way. Had to dodge a tree in the road on the way to wild river. They need to adjust that parks cache, to either put more waypoints in to get the right trails or something. Anyway then I got over to Lake Maria just after 8 p.m. The office was closed. Found this one without too much trouble. Then spent the night in Waconia got up in the morning and got MN Valley rec area. Then on to the Afton park. That one was a LOT of walking. Got the regular cache and the final regional by 11a.m then headed for home.

I think I could have gotten them all in one day if not for the late start on Saturday.

Now on to the southern region.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: