MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-August 2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-August 2008 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although I will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that I am accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for August of 2008. You can submit COTM nominations to me using one of the following three methods1) Send me a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send me an Email at ArcherDragoon@yahoo.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

A further explanation of the cache of the month process can be found Here!!!

Thanks,
ArcherDragoon
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 83Pony's thread...
I would like to nominate 1st Annual Bluebell Cache (GC1BKXC) for the month of August. It is located in Carley State Park in SE Minnesota. It was placed by Chapskis1. It is in a beautiful setting in the valley with a river flowing through it, and includes an interesting river crossing (if the river isn't too high) It is a 3 stage Multi with some nice hiking thru the woods. It does include some moderate hill climbing on the trail. I found this to be a fun cache to find (and challenging for me), with a cool owner, as I met him when I went to find the cache (and FTF). However, a State Park Permit will be required to enter the park. This is not the official State Park Cache. Several other caches are located here as well, including the Official State Park Cache.

Please post nominations here, send me a pm or email me at ArcherDragoon@yahoo.com (See opening post in this thread for more details)...

Thanks,
ArcherDragoon
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one nomination for Cache of the Month for August...any other takers out there?!?!?!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
I have only one nomination for Cache of the Month for August...any other takers out there?!?!?!

Question

I emailed you one on July 3rd. I'll send it again.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to submit a series of three caches along the Kettle River by Bouffantloup for cache of the month. I'm not sure if this is in the rules but its just too much fun to do all three and enjoy the walk.

Banks of the Kettle GC1DMZK
Banks of the Kettle, Part II GC1DN0K
Kettle River Canoe Stop GC1DMZ4

These three caches take you for a nice walk along the Kettle River by Sturgeon Lake. These gentle multis provide a fun walk on the high banks over looking the river and the rapids. They also bring you by some unknown DNR camp sites that can be accessed either by water or by land. I stopped at Kettle River Canoe Stop GC1DMZ4 for tea and lunch and listened to the river flowing along.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
I would like to submit a series of three caches along the Kettle River by Bouffantloup for cache of the month. I'm not sure if this is in the rules but its just too much fun to do all three and enjoy the walk.

You are such a rule breaker. Razz

I believe you can only submit one - what I used to do when people submitted a series is to just use the first cache in the series as the "nominated cache" and mention the others in the write-up.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But these three are like M&M's, you can't stop with one. Very well, then I'll nominate the one that starts the flow and leads you to the other two and hope that people will visit and see these fun little gems for themselves.

Banks of the Kettle by Bouffantloup GC1DMZK
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
But these three are like M&M's, you can't stop with one. Very well, then I'll nominate the one that starts the flow and leads you to the other two and hope that people will visit and see these fun little gems for themselves.

Your writeup still includes the others, so I think you're good. When he does the poll though he'll need to pick just one.

Caching in general is like M&M's - you can't stop with just one or two. There's always just that 'one more' on the way home, and then the one that's 'right over here', etc, etc.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
EskoClimber wrote:

Your writeup still includes the others, so I think you're good. When he does the poll though he'll need to pick just one.

Caching in general is like M&M's - you can't stop with just one or two. There's always just that 'one more' on the way home, and then the one that's 'right over here', etc, etc.

So True!!! By the time you get home...a whole week has passed Wink
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out at lunch to do a couple stages of a multi micro yesterday, eventually had to write off going back to work, finished up around 6, so was late for dinner as well (and I was cooking...). It was a really nice day though.

Actually, stumbling back on topic, the Multi Micro from 7734 might be a COTM nominee someday, assuming more that 5-6 people actually go through with it. A lot of thought into this diabolical cache.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also nominate Multi Micro from 7734 for COTM but only if we get to cast aspersions on IBcrashen's character, personal hygiene, ancestry, and personal habits.

That thing is EVIL.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
I would also nominate Multi Micro from 7734 for COTM but only if we get to cast aspersions on IBcrashen's character, personal hygiene, ancestry, and personal habits.

That thing is EVIL.

Are you swithing your nomination???

-One nomination per month per cacher Wink
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghost640 wrote:
I went out at lunch to do a couple stages of a multi micro yesterday, eventually had to write off going back to work, finished up around 6, so was late for dinner as well (and I was cooking...). It was a really nice day though.

Actually, stumbling back on topic, the Multi Micro from 7734 might be a COTM nominee someday, assuming more that 5-6 people actually go through with it. A lot of thought into this diabolical cache.

Get a writeup donw for September and I will be sure to add it to the nominations for that month...the way I read it, you didn't offically nominate it for August...
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Locked-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: