MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Date of 1st cache placed in Duluth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Date of 1st cache placed in Duluth Reply with quote

I've been contacted by a municipality in New Jersey asking questions about geocaching in Duluth parks. One of the questions is how long the activity has been going on. I believe the oldest, active cache is Enger Tower from 11/5/01, but I'm assuming it is not the 1st. Does anyone have a good estimate date of the 1st cache placed in Duluth?
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a search of old caches within 30 miles of the Enger Tower location and found these:

Amity Creek Cache GC1898, placed 8/24/2001
GND Overlook GC1F2A, placed 9/27/2001
Dark Passage GC2QAA, placed 10/6/2001

Those are all active. I don't have listings of archived caches going back that far, and I'm not sure if any of those meet your qualifications of being "Duluth" caches.

HTH.
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberToes wrote:
I just did a search of old caches within 30 miles of the Enger Tower location and found these:

Amity Creek Cache GC1898, placed 8/24/2001
GND Overlook GC1F2A, placed 9/27/2001
Dark Passage GC2QAA, placed 10/6/2001

Those are all active. I don't have listings of archived caches going back that far, and I'm not sure if any of those meet your qualifications of being "Duluth" caches.

HTH.

Thanks, that gives me some earlier dates...if any of the "old-timers" know the first or one of the first, even an archived one, that would be great. The specific question for that one is:

How long have you had geocaches? Does popularity grow with time?
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont remember any before Amity in Duluth, Ash Ridge (GC1171) in Jay Cooke was earlier. It was adopted so the date isnt right on it. FTF was 7/28/01. There were a couple of older ones in Superior.
No wonder we had to drive a couple of hours to find a couple back then Very Happy
eeeks, I an old timer Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBcrashen wrote:
I dont remember any before Amity in Duluth, Ash Ridge (GC1171) in Jay Cooke was earlier. It was adopted so the date isnt right on it. FTF was 7/28/01. There were a couple of older ones in Superior.
No wonder we had to drive a couple of hours to find a couple back then Very Happy
eeeks, I an old timer Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

I was going to email you directly as I figured you might be the one to remember...which doesn't make you too old if you still can remember Very Happy

Thanks!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: