MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State Park/Best Buy 40% Off gpsr coupons
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: State Park/Best Buy 40% Off gpsr coupons Reply with quote

ARE YOU GOING TO BUY A NEW GPSR SOON? TAKE NOTE!!! Anyone that is going to buy a new gpsr in the next six months please read this.

In the State Park History Challenge caches that are sponsored by Best Buy (They all are, but in particular, the ones that have the demo units available in the visitor centers) there are coupons for new gpsrs at Best Buy in the final cache containers.

The coupons are for 40% off!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked As most all of you know, nobody gives good discounts or coupons on a new model gpsr

The coupons have only been out in the containers for the past week or so. The coupons are good from June 1st through December31, 2008. The only places that these coupons are available are in the State Park caches. I saw a bunch of them this morning at Fort Snelling, and used the coupon 30 minutes later. The cool thing is that Best Buy is just now in the process of adding a ton of new models to the sales floor. They didn't even have the sales display set up yet when I went in to buy my new one.

This is a better deal than Best Buy employees can even get. Very Happy If there was ever a business to support, for supporting our hobby/sport/addiction, Best Buy is currently that business.

I think there are 12-15 State Park caches that have these coupons. Just check to see if they are a demo unit site, and that will be the way to tell.

I hope some of you find this info helpful and take advantage of Best Buy's generosity. I did, and it saved me a TON!

Not sure what index folder to put this in, so I figured that it's kind of General. Some caching, some sales, some non-caching... Mods, put it where you want. Wink
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Buy generally marks their GPS units up at least 25% over everyone else though...

I just added a Garmin 76CSX on Amazon to my cart to see the price (I know, it's not new but it's the one I want) and it was $251! Too bad we just bought the Wii Smile
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhh! You didn't hear it from me, but rumor has it there is a prolific geocacher from the Chaska region whom is no longer using a LOWRANGE and is now using a Garmin. I had heard about this deal previously from a park ranger, but did not know the location of where they'd be.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Buy on line 76CSx is $349.99 less 40% = $209.99

It's a good price. But don't forget that you need to buy City Nav as well.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just was in the store last week and the 60CSx was $499.99 so that's what I was judging it on. Whoops.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coupons are for in-store sales only.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
Shhhh! You didn't hear it from me, but rumor has it there is a prolific geocacher from the Chaska region whom is no longer using a LOWRANGE and is now using a Garmin. I had heard about this deal previously from a park ranger, but did not know the location of where they'd be.

Now I'm just totally shocked to hear this!! Shocked
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were forcing us to take coupons today at Minneopa.
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: State Park/Best Buy 40% Off gpsr coupons Reply with quote

TheGilby4 wrote:
ARE YOU GOING TO BUY A NEW GPSR SOON? TAKE NOTE!!!

I saw a bunch of them this morning at Fort Snelling, and used the coupon 30 minutes later.

Thanks for the heads up. Since I lost my old Garmin 60CS I'm in the market for a new one. I headed out to Fort Snelling this morning and there were about 10 coupons left when I got there. 4 logs since Gilby logged it yesterday.

-Jonas
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we just found out from Camden state park as we were giving a geocaching 101 demo about the coupon, so right after the demo we
headed out to the willmar best buy and i finally convinced the better half to let me get a new gps, so i finally now have my 60csx along with my older legend hcx for caching. now cananyone help me with finding the mapsource software... does any one have copy they no longer want, would even be happy to get an older 2006 or 2007 version
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of coupons in Glendalough. We didn't see any in Charles Lindberg, Crow Wing, or Big Stone.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done teaching a geocaching 101 at William O'Brien and half the class wanted a coupon. 2 just bought new GPSrs and were bummin.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Mille Lacs Kathio Reply with quote

We were making our way back from a weekend in the Grand Rapids area and saw the notice about the coupon on the forum. Over the past month I have been bidding on ebay and looking at stores for the right GPS and just haven't come up with the right one for the right price. So it must have been a sign that I didn't buy one yet. I stopped by Kathio (which we already found on May 11) to see if a coupon was in there. Yep, lots of them. I hope to be at Best Buy tomorrow (they were closed tonight when I got back to St. Cloud) to get my new GPS.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Got it Reply with quote

I went to Best Buy today in St. Cloud and grabbed my brand new Garmin 60csx. $399.99 before discounts. $240 with coupon. $256 with tax.

Gilby, thanks for the posting about the coupon. The timing couldn't have been better as I have been looking for awhile.

Thanks go out to Best Buy as well for helping promote the sport and the SP History challenge.
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one a bunch of these coupons at Afton State Park over the weekend. I'm not currently in the market for a new GPSr, but I couldn't resist taking a coupon just in case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: