MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anime Anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Anime Anyone? Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone out there is into Manga and Anime, but for a very limited time (two days) the movie Bleach: Memories of Nobody will be showing. I know the dates for AMC Eden Prairie are Wed. June 11th and Thur. June 12th at 7:30PM.

I have been watching Bleach since it came out here in the states on Cartoon Network, and have taken to finding episodes on Youtube in the original Japanese (with subtitles), and think it's a good show. If anyone else out there wants to join me for a showing, I wouldn't mind having company.

I haven't committed to a theater yet, I know its showing at the MOA as well, and maybe other places. The closer to home the better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty big into manga/anime (I thought you knew about this). I've followed bleach up to 80 something... sounds interesting enough.

I would be interested in seeing it if it was in Japanese with English Dubs, in particular.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have to find a more central theater, I wonder if Roseville will be showing it, so far the only ones I know of that are showing it are AMC, and Roseville is the closest AMC to me, and I know thats not that far from you.

I too would prefer the Japanese with English Subs, I wonder which way it will be, i couldn't find any info on that.

Last edited by sir_zman on Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
I would be interested in seeing it if it was in Japanese with English Dubs, in particular.

Ummm...don't you mean English Subs? Rolling Eyes

CW
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:

Ummm...don't you mean English Subs? Rolling Eyes

CW

Dubs, Subs, as long as their aren't any major Flubs, I think we'll be fine.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kore wa nan desu ka?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Roseville and they said that a bunch of theaters (including them) have the movie posters up for the Bleach Movie, but that they weren't showing it (apparently they want to advertise it, even though they aren't showing it). The only theater which has it listed on the various movie/ticketing websites is the Eden Prairie theater.

Showing Next Wednesday and Thursday. I think that Wednesday (even though it interferes with WNC) is my most do-able day, but I could probably get a kitchen pass for Thursday.

Lucid you still in for this? Does one day work better than the other for you?
Anyone else want to join us?
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday would work better, but I can skip WNC to go if needed.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so lets do Thursday, from what I'm hearing and seeing, Eden Prairie is the only place this is showing. The movie starts at 7:30PM I was thinking of grabbing dinner somewhere in Eden Prairie, maybe around 5:30 or 6, if anyone wants to hit any Eden Prairie Caches before the movie starts that is potentially do-able.

So far Lucid is the only one I know about showing up, so if anyone else wants to join, let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: