MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

responsible cache owners

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: responsible cache owners Reply with quote

Just a note to say that I was contacted by a cache owner in Michigan to tell me that the cache that my TBUG had been in was trashed and all contents missing- he wanted me to know that my TBUG might be lost forever- I just think that it was very responsible of him to let me know so I could make further plans to duplicate the bug if it doesn't show up. Thanks for listening-
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid={822E8F16-7AF2-4FC0-AB89-B4B45FF2FAF4}

I've posted parts of this in different areas, but I'd like to mention it one more time. The link is for my Camp Savage cache, which I had archived. I received a request to make it available again, and mtn-man approved my un-archive request. Silent Bob checked it out for me, and the area had been trashed by *someone*

Silent Bob and articabn did a TON of work on the site, and I urge you to check out the photos. It was a volunteer effort, initiated by Silent Bob, and it was greatly appreciated. The cache is now active.

I won't name any others, but there have been many people help out. Helpful cache maintenance has included sharpening pencils, leaving pencils/logbooks, drying containers/contents/logbooks, replacing containers, removing totally trashed caches, removing caches in inaccessible areas, etc. etc.

This is all my responsibility, and I am not asking for help. I just wanted to acknowledge those who do help out. My geocaching travels are severely limited now (no income), and any future problems that appear will be corrected as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone who has shown support. It's greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: