MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra Logging Requirements
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesotabrad wrote:
bflentje-any cache of the month talk yet?! Laughing Wink

Haven't heard a thing. We should stir something up to help brew some excitement.
emmanogoldfish
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is when are special logging requirements exclusionary and serve only to reward the elitist cachers. When zero to very very few people are allowed to log them they may not be a great idea.

It makes no difference what the special requirements are about caching, one armed lepers or anything else.

Fischer Price My First Cache is about caching, everyone has a first cache, unfortunately if you already are a cacher you wouldn't be able to log this one but it could be a really cool cache. If it were a large cache and loaded with "My First Cache Kits", these could contain a couple of pencils, some bug repellent towelettes, a set of batteries, a state map, small notebook, a preprinted certificate stating the cache name with a spot for the finder to enter their name and date, etc. I think this is a great idea. Someone run with this one if you want.

May Last Cache, well every body that finds one cache will have a last cache. Not much point to this on other than the pure power of special logging requirements. Power!

Correctional Facility Workhouse Workhouse. The point of this is that far more people can log this than 100 FTF, 100 Letterbox, 100 etc. How many cachers have had a DWI that required them to spend a weekend incarnated? Far more than the Century contingency.

I'm not against special logging requirements but I am against special logging requirements that the exclude the vast majority. I think they are creative and fun as long as they don't exclude the vast majority. Or at least there is a nearby cache that is the opposite to make things fair.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmanogoldfish wrote:
Or at least there is a nearby cache that is the opposite to make things fair.

Hummm..

A Fischer Price My First Cache with an Over the hill cache .1 miles away. lol
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmanogoldfish wrote:
My point is when are special logging requirements exclusionary and serve only to reward the elitist cachers. When zero to very very few people are allowed to log them they may not be a great idea.

It makes no difference what the special requirements are about caching, one armed lepers or anything else.

Fischer Price My First Cache is about caching, everyone has a first cache, unfortunately if you already are a cacher you wouldn't be able to log this one but it could be a really cool cache. If it were a large cache and loaded with "My First Cache Kits", these could contain a couple of pencils, some bug repellent towelettes, a set of batteries, a state map, small notebook, a preprinted certificate stating the cache name with a spot for the finder to enter their name and date, etc. I think this is a great idea. Someone run with this one if you want.

May Last Cache, well every body that finds one cache will have a last cache. Not much point to this on other than the pure power of special logging requirements. Power!

Correctional Facility Workhouse Workhouse. The point of this is that far more people can log this than 100 FTF, 100 Letterbox, 100 etc. How many cachers have had a DWI that required them to spend a weekend incarnated? Far more than the Century contingency.

I'm not against special logging requirements but I am against special logging requirements that the exclude the vast majority. I think they are creative and fun as long as they don't exclude the vast majority. Or at least there is a nearby cache that is the opposite to make things fair.

There are so darn many caches out there what difference does it make? Ever read the national forums? No one is ever happy about anything. Just go geocaching and ignore everything that makes you unhappy.

For the latest KB challenges, I have a chance at about a third of them. The rest I could care less about. Wouldn't give it a second thought.
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmanogoldfish wrote:

Before GC.com created the "ignore" bookmark listings I would've agreed with you. Nowdays it is rather easy to choose to ignore/avoid caches you do not care for. For me it has been this, this and this that I've chosen to hide away from my list of caches. I have long ago given up ever being able to solve any of those puzzles.

I think the KBs Challenge series caches have a greater chance of being found than the previously listed puzzles. But, since I can pick and chose which caches I list and view I have no issues with Uber-puzzles.

-Jonas
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet that number was chosen as it is the first big(?) milestone for cachers whether number of caches, TB's moved, etc.. Lets just be glad it wasn't 1000! Smile I don't think 100 of anything makes anyone an elitist more than those that can solve puzzles are elitist. Different types of caches for different types cachers is a good thing.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesotabrad wrote:
I would bet that number was chosen as it is the first big(?) milestone for cachers whether number of caches, TB's moved, etc.. Lets just be glad it wasn't 1000! Smile I don't think 100 of anything makes anyone an elitist more than those that can solve puzzles are elitist. Different types of caches for different types cachers is a good thing.

I agree.. And MY clarification of elitism has nothing to do with the count of anything. It's the attitude and how one conducts themselves. ALR caches are AWESOME as long as they are balanced properly with regular caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: