MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yetti Sighting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Yetti Sighting Reply with quote

This has prob been brought up elsewhere but...

http://www.startribune.com/photos/?c=y&img=2gps0203.jpg
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must have taken this before he tried to find the cache. He's still smiling. Laughing Is there an article with this or just the picture?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy bejeezes... next time warn me before clicking on links like that.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3659

It wasn't about caching that much.
onionpond
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well do you people know this man, and did he ever live by Vergas?

Google "the vergas hairy man" for the complete story of the Vergas Trails.

Every fall I cast a net over the northern plains to see what legends of the prairies I can catch. Well, actually, I just ask my students, and they tell me what’s going around. They tell me where in the country they go in search of creepy good times, and what happens out there.

“I have a tale about a certain area near where I live,” one of my students from western Minnesota writes. “Back home there is a set of minimum maintenance roads called the Vergas Trails. They wind all over the place and are very narrow roads with many ruts and bumps and trees encroaching right up to the edge of the gravel. There are many different tales told about the trails.

“Some say there are cults that walk around in the woods with altars off in the trees.

“There also is the story of a hermit called Hairy Man. He lives up in the woods near one of the trails and likes to be by himself. He will come out and chase you and all those creepy things.”

Now this story of the Hairy Man is one often told around the Vergas vicinity. The sort of nut cases who go looking for Bigfoot have taken notice of the local legend of the Hairy Man and tried to tie it to their hapless quest. So far as I know, though, none of the local legend-tellers of Vergas considers the Hairy Man to be kin to Bigfoot. The Hairy Man is their own legendary character, and some have had close encounters with him.

“A friend of mine was driving by the trails,” another student tells me, “and saw a large hairy being stand up on its hind legs aside the road and slammed his fist in the back of my friend’s truck as he drove by.

“The dent, just behind the cab of the truck, was about the size of a basketball and would take an extreme amount of strength to make. My friend insists that it was the Hairy Man of Vergas alongside the Vergas Trails as he drove past that night.”

The dent proves it, right? The story has to be true. Plus, there are lots of other strange encounters on the Vergas Trails to be accounted for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: