MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carver County Parks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Carver County Parks Reply with quote

Had a very good meeting last night (12/19) with Lenny Schmitz, the Parks Coordinator of Carver County. He emailed me a week ago requesting more information about geocaching and our group.

The meeting went very well. He is very supportive of geocaching and wants to ENCOURAGE geocaching in the three county parks in Carver. He sees it as a gateway activity - people who come in to cache may come again when they see the nice parks and the various facilities they have to offer.

They are working on regulations for caching - # of caches/park, distance from each other, other things. What I took away from the meeting was that they will make some rules like Ramesy and 3 Rivers, but they will most likely be more relaxed as they WANT us in and view caching as a good activity. He hopes to have the policy written by early February, and may invite our association in for an event to kick off geocaching in their parks.

Thanks to Lenny! We look forward to seeing their new policies.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Baylor County Park Reply with quote

http://www.co.carver.mn.us/parks/baylor_regional.htm

This is one beautiful park which now has 2 caches !

I haven't listed them yet, but I'm sure they'll be up before the Lunar Eclipse

I took some photos that I'll upload to the cache page. There was a lot of construction going on there yesterday. This place is a GEM !

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The date of the eclipse is wrong on the Carver Parks page. Its Saturday 11/8/03 (not the 9th!). I will probably be at the Onan Observatory in Baylor Park with my telescope that night. Two caches and an eclipse in one go, woohoo! Thanks KB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: