MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gc.com notification feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Gc.com notification feature Reply with quote

I recently set this up to email me when there are new caches in my area, especially since I have a great FTF coin that really deserves to be admired by a bunch of FTF hounds. But there was a new cache posted today within the radius, and no email. Any ideas why?

Thanks!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Gc.com notification feature Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
I recently set this up to email me when there are new caches in my area, especially since I have a great FTF coin that really deserves to be admired by a bunch of FTF hounds. But there was a new cache posted today within the radius, and no email. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

Make sure that your notification is set to active, that you have the correct cache type set (you can only set it up for one type, such as traditional, per notification), and that the "publish listing" box is set. Also make sure that your coordinates and radius are set properly.

In short, make sure you set it up right. Smile

I have multiple notifications set up and all appear to work normal. Sometimes I've noticed though that a cache slips through - it's not foolproof.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other cachers on another email list I'm on are noticing the same problem with notifications. It appears to be sporadic (I haven't seen any problems).

I think I'd suggest waiting it out for a day or two to see what happens...
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Got them but late Reply with quote

Well I did get the notification this morning, maybe just some kind of email delay. Guess I'll wait and see if it improves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: