MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More changes to geocaching.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing cache pages fron gc.com website Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
Since the changeover I can't print anything off the site (displays fine but then the printout cuts off 2 inches off the left margin, including the coordinates.

Any ideas?

It sounds like a problem with print margins.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Printing cache pages fron gc.com website Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
dornole wrote:
Since the changeover I can't print anything off the site (displays fine but then the printout cuts off 2 inches off the left margin, including the coordinates.

Any ideas?

It sounds like a problem with print margins.

Had the same problem with mine at home. The only way I can get it to print now is to go to the cache page and in the print area it says "simple(no logs)" End up having to go to that and it will print that correctly, but the only issue there is you don't get any of the previous logs. Still would like to figure that out yet to be able to get the past 5 logs. If anyone figures out what's wrong please let me know as well.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote

I found the same trick and mine works with the 5 log pdf but I sometimes need ALL the logs to find a cache.

I just figured out that if I set the page setup to landscape it prints everything so maybe try that loneeagle.
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been browsing the geocaching website forums for conversation related to the new updates and issues people have been having. I thought all who were interested would like to see some of the comments It appears as though they are working on things.

[color=blue]Jul 28 2008, 01:50 PM Post #606
Opionon Nate

Groundspeak Lackey
Group: Site Wide Moderators
[/color]

QUOTE(pezCollector @ Jul 26 2008, 10:09 AM)

When I go to the description page for a TB that I've been watching, I'm allowed to add it to my watch list (again), but removing it is no longer an option. The same thing happens with Geocoins. I've had the same results with Firefox 2.0.0.16 and IE 7.0.5730.11 using Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP 2 Build 2600.

By the way, LOVE the driving directions.

I have documented this bug for the devs. Thank you for reporting it.

I have been trying to update my avatar and signature today and it isn't working. I tried to use the register option that was given in the help files but that doesn't work either. Is it me or can we not update these at the moment?

i noticed that this issue has not REALLY been addressed. i have been trying to give myself an avatar in the forums. i've tried just about everything. i can't get it to work. on gc.com it shows that i have an avatar and signature. however, the register link in the forums won't work. it just sends me back to the Groundspeak forums home. it's getting really frustrating as it has been a problem all week for me.

You might have noticed that the intermediate step between clicking the forum link, and actually landing on the forum was removed. I believe there were some unintended consequences to removing this step, which I'll have the devs look into. I'm sorry for the confusion!

QUOTE(benh57 @ Jul 26 2008, 03:53 PM)

The 'bookmark list' pagination issue still exists (where it only shows you page 1), but i'm not quite sure how to trigger it. I'm still seeing it off and on.

If i figure out reliable steps, i'll post em here.

I would appreciate any steps you can provide on this. Thanks.

QUOTE(The VanDucks @ Jul 26 2008, 08:32 PM)

I'm also having trouble printing the cache description pages; while I can print out the "Short Description - No logs "- page, I usually prefer to print out the regular cache page for puzzle or multicaches. When I try to do that, the left hand side is cut off, and, as others have reported, it will not print any differently in landscape format or when I try to resize it to a percentage less than 100%. Very frustrating - I hope this can be fixed!

We have a fix ready to address part of the printing issue. That is, the odd behavior that cuts off the left portion of the page. When I can grab a dev to make me a new build we'll push it out. This could be tomorrow or sooner. It does not fix all of your complaints (e.g. print friendly versions) but it should help with the printing of WYSIWYG cache pages.

QUOTE(Guinness70 @ Jul 28 2008, 03:01 AM)

new set up looks good, classier.

so far only one thing ild like to suggest.
in the Edit Listing page, on the "Reset" button could you PLEASE set a javascript verification as in : "Are you sure you wish to reset"
or put the reset button to the right of the page and put the "Edit listing" to the left where the Reset button now resides.

I start out by typing the text on a seperate file to then copy it to the Listing, but I'm always editing, fine tuning checking how it looks on the Listing page itself... and then... Reset ... ARGHHH

cheers

I documented this feature for a future release.

QUOTE(RoxieMama @ Jul 28 2008, 07:25 AM)

I am not receiving emails when I log finds or DNFs to items on My Watchlist. I've emailed the owners about them. They didn't receive the emails either.

I do receive emails when others submit logs for items on My Watchlist.

This is happening for:
- geocaches that were on My Watchlist prior to the upgrade
- geocaches that I've added to My Watchlist since the upgrade.
- geocaches that were on My Watchlist prior to the upgrade that I've removed from the list and readded before submitting logs.

:huh:

I will look into this, but so far I am receiving all my watchlist emails. Can anyone else corroborate?

QUOTE(T.R.a.M.P. @ Jul 28 2008, 08:51 AM)

I made a quick search of the comments on decrypting the hints but I did not see anything about encrypted logs.

Previously having encrypted text in the middle of the log worked OK - using [ ] to mark unencrypted text before and after the relevant text. Now it seems that plain text in [ ] AFTER the encrypted passage is also encrypted.

Further investigation seems to indicate that the [ ] around the emoticons are confusing the decrypt code?

Someone else earlier in the thread had this problem last week, so it's on the radar. Thank you for adding the emoticon theory - I think you're on to something with that.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NYS23,

I never thought to even go to the forums on GC cause I rarely visit them. I checked when I went home for dinner today and the pages are printing right, now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: