MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mn State Park Geocaching History Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSequoia wrote:
Made some last minute plans and I am set up to hitch a ride out there tomorrow morning weather permitting. Its going to be a looong ride home if we can't get out there but we have to try. Wish us luck!

Well? I'm all aquiver! Don't keep us in suspense... Did you make it out there ?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Cooke SP wrote:
Jay Cooke State Park will host a special deer hunt as part of our overall resource management program. On November 29 - December 3, most of the park will be open to permitted hunting. Both the park's History Challenge and the Northeast Regional Challenge caches are located within the hunting zone. The park will be closed to public use during the hunt, so please plan accordingly. The park and the caches will reopen to the public on December 4. Park office is open 10am-4pm daily.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the state parks we visited in the SE part of the state are doing hunting programs at various parts of November. I would for sure check the DNR's website for the specific park(s) you are planning to visit this month to make sure they are indeed open to those who are unarmed and not making a bold fashion statement in blaze orange.
BigSequoia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Garden Island in Nov Reply with quote

We made it! The weather was great (a bit chilly out on the water but hardly any wind). OUr able guid Marvin (Deb's husband) took us out and back with no problems. I got an e-mail from another group that was going out of Sportsmans Lodge on Sat so hopefully they made it as well. For Deb's crew she said she is done taking people out for the season and she believed Chris Ford was too. She also said the weather is supposed to get really cold starting this Wed. and the lake would freeze up soon after. If you still need to get out there Sportsman's Lodge might be your only shot and you better get up there quick. I would be surprized and impressed if anyone made it between Nov. 1st and the deadline.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Garden Island in Nov Reply with quote

BigSequoia wrote:
We made it! The weather was great (a bit chilly out on the water but hardly any wind). OUr able guid Marvin (Deb's husband) took us out and back with no problems. I got an e-mail from another group that was going out of Sportsmans Lodge on Sat so hopefully they made it as well. For Deb's crew she said she is done taking people out for the season and she believed Chris Ford was too. She also said the weather is supposed to get really cold starting this Wed. and the lake would freeze up soon after. If you still need to get out there Sportsman's Lodge might be your only shot and you better get up there quick. I would be surprized and impressed if anyone made it between Nov. 1st and the deadline.

I've got two extra unmarked cards for sale.. j/k

I really do have two extra cards but they're not for sale. Giveaways maybe. Paklid can probably corroborate why I have them. I wasn't really being greedy.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is official. The Minnesota State Park's History Challenge will end on Dec 31st 2008.
Only 19 more history cache days. Let's go get em.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going down to the cities in January to do the oral exam for the State Park Assistant Manager positions and to prepare have been perusing the State Parks website...ran across this podcast where around the 7 minute mark, they mention the geocaching challenge:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/news/podcasts/state_parks.html
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia and I stopped by the Mille Lacs Kathio State Park office this afternoon for the final cache and were informed that we were finders 88 and 89. Impressive number, well above what I would've expected for a challenge like this.

-Jonas
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas wrote:
Julia and I stopped by the Mille Lacs Kathio State Park office this afternoon for the final cache and were informed that we were finders 88 and 89. Impressive number, well above what I would've expected for a challenge like this.

-Jonas

Congrats!
kumoorion
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: plans for next year Reply with quote

I was watching WCCO 10 o’clock news last night. They did a story on the Minnesota State park Geocaching History Challenge. They said that it about to end but there are plans for it to start back up in June 09. Did anyone else see that piece? I am looking for more info. My husband and I are very excited that the State Parks have plans to continue their geocaching series. I would just like to know more.
Thanks, Linda
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: plans for next year Reply with quote

kumoorion wrote:
I was watching WCCO 10 o’clock news last night. They did a story on the Minnesota State park Geocaching History Challenge. They said that it about to end but there are plans for it to start back up in June 09. Did anyone else see that piece? I am looking for more info. My husband and I are very excited that the State Parks have plans to continue their geocaching series. I would just like to know more.
Thanks, Linda

Hey Linda There is another thread going on this.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: plans for next year Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
kumoorion wrote:
Thanks, Linda

Hey Linda There is another thread going on this.

http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4283
BigSequoia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well team BigSequioa swung through the final cache last saturday. We heard there would be some people coming in on sunday right behind us but we finished up and took coin #87. Anne (the female half of the team) was getting a bit crabby as we treked through the thigh high (for her) snow on the way out as we did a little off roading. When we found the cache I took to the box and gave her the log book to sign. I set the cache on the ground andgot on my knees to rummage through the goodies left inside. I slipped her engagement ring in the cache and gave the box back to her and asked her if anybody left anything worth taking. I think it will be tough to top the final cache for her. She forgot all about the deep snow on the way back to the office where her parents were waiting.

Took Daimond Ring, Left Nothing
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSequoia wrote:
Well team BigSequioa swung through the final cache last saturday. We heard there would be some people coming in on sunday right behind us but we finished up and took coin #87. Anne (the female half of the team) was getting a bit crabby as we treked through the thigh high (for her) snow on the way out as we did a little off roading. When we found the cache I took to the box and gave her the log book to sign. I set the cache on the ground andgot on my knees to rummage through the goodies left inside. I slipped her engagement ring in the cache and gave the box back to her and asked her if anybody left anything worth taking. I think it will be tough to top the final cache for her. She forgot all about the deep snow on the way back to the office where her parents were waiting.

Congratulations! You should really work at trading "up" though... Wink
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSequoia wrote:

So....did she say yes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: