MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hyper text not working in GC notifications

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toolie_d
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: hyper text not working in GC notifications Reply with quote

Confused 12_12_07 MS sent out updates and since then when I receive a notification from GC IE hangs and closes when I click on the hyper text. Comcast is my IP and when I return to it all I get is an error message telling me that login has failed. I have to close IE and re-open and re-login to comcast to get my e-mail back. Anyone else having problems

This is only in notifications I have previously opened. Now I can't even connect when clicking on a notification.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last notification I received was November 21st. Our group up here hasn't been real active lately.... I don't have any problems with the links in that one, although I'm running Firefox, not IE.

Did you try clearing your cache/cookies?

Last edited by Pear Head on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
toolie_d
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: hyper text not working in GC notifications Reply with quote

I use IE at work and firefox at home. Same problem
foundinthewild
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Comcast email problems Reply with quote

In the past week or so, comcast webmail has been having problems with certain notifications generated by geocaching.com. Blank/white emails, relogins, etc. have been common and it seems to have something to do with base64 emails vs 7-bit text. Comcast says 'not their problem' and groundspeak says 'not theirs either'.

This was so frustrating I recently switched to a gmail.com account.

The link on the groundspeak forums is:
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=179833
toolie_d
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just changed over to gmail for my notifications. Whatever updates MS sent out last week not only messed up my comcast account but is causing us problems at work, with not being able to open IE to punch in or out on our time clock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: