MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elfdoctors wrote:
Are Wisconsin cachers eligible to adopt a park?

Really it is up to the park, but I am pretty sure since the parks welcome out of state visitors, and we as the MnGCA welcome out of state members I don't see a problem with it, as long as the cacher (in or out of state) can effectively maintain the cache.
fargnot
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Out of state cachers Reply with quote

I will be at the December 13th meeting with Eskoclimber and agree with his views wholeheartedly. I personally feel that cachers from Wisconsin have every right to place a cache with the Minnesota State Park Geocaching Challenge as long as they can maintain it properly.
momandson2006
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momandson2006 would like to take Lake Bemidji State Park. JIM
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had an exchange of email with lagrac. Here is the abreviated version.
lagrac wrote:
I'd like Forestville, Beaver Creek, Great Rivers Bluff, and John A Latsch if that's ok.

EskoClimber wrote:
The only thing is that for the first round its been one to a customer so everybody gets a chance. If they parks don't get all picked in the first round then second picks will be handed out.
SO, for round one, which one of the four is your first choice?

lagrac wrote:
I'll take Beaver Creek near Caledonia then.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje and caching partner (tba) will team up for

Nerstrand Big Woods (S)

we'll also be on standby for

Sakata Lake (S).

And I'll qualify this as being tentative until I figure what we're supposed to do and by when.

Last edited by bflentje on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNR map of where each park is located...

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/map.html
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elfdoctors wrote:

I live near both the Wild Rivers and St. Croix State Parks. I also have a few ammo cans collecting dust. I also have an annual state park pass so several trips wouldn't be a major imposition.

Esko - Why don't you take our name off of Wild River and give to elfdoctors. We will keep Interstate and remain in standby for Glacial Lakes in case no one else chooses it.

Thanks,
B&B
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Nerstrand Big Woods (S)

Sakata Lake (S).

And I'll qualify this as being tentative until I figure what we're supposed to do and by when.

I will be teaming with KBayNPapaBear on these two parks. Put us each down for one or the other. We may also have the assistance of Norvina.

Neither PapaBear or Norvina follow the forums so I'll be their liaison if that is ok. If not ok, let me know ASAP!!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus&Betty wrote:
elfdoctors wrote:

I live near both the Wild Rivers and St. Croix State Parks. I also have a few ammo cans collecting dust. I also have an annual state park pass so several trips wouldn't be a major imposition.

Esko - Why don't you take our name off of Wild River and give to elfdoctors. We will keep Interstate and remain in standby for Glacial Lakes in case no one else chooses it.

Thanks,
B&B

I'm going to leave your name on Wild River for now until after the meeting on 13 DEC in St Paul. I would like their opinion before I make a decision.
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question... Who is going to be responsible for maintenance of these caches, the civilian hider or the park management?
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfer Joe wrote:
I have a question... Who is going to be responsible for maintenance of these caches, the civilian hider or the park management?

That question is tied to ownership of the cache. I am unclear from previous discussions with the State wether the geocacher or the local park will "own" the cache. However, from the discussions so far, the parks are expecting the civilian hider to maintain the cache, but the parks will be checking on them from time to time to see if the caches need more visits to keep up the contents.
This is one of the items on my agenda. I will have a better answer for you after 13 DEC.
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
From the discussions so far, the parks are expecting the civilian hider to maintain the cache.

If that's the case, the hiders are going to have to keep that in mind when volunteering to hide these. If they hide a cache far away from their home location, they will need to show that they will be able to maintain it before it gets published.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
From the discussions so far, the parks are expecting the civilian hider to maintain the cache.

Surfer Joe wrote:
If that's the case, the hiders are going to have to keep that in mind when volunteering to hide these. If they hide a cache far away from their home location, they will need to show that they will be able to maintain it before it gets published.

I have been checking to make sure that the geocachers, or someone on the team, that have been taking on parks are from the area reasonably close to the park to insure exactly that.
TheCollector
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCollector wrote:
i can do Nerstrand Big Woods when would these be placed?

bflentje wrote:

Nerstrand Big Woods (S)

Sakata Lake (S).

Not to be rude bart but i have already signed up for Nerstrand my request is on the previous page
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
I have been checking to make sure that the geocachers, or someone on the team, that have been taking on parks are from the area reasonably close to the park to insure exactly that.

W00t!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: