MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One question I have from your previous thread on this. Will groundspeak allow the caches if it is not owned by the cacher and by the state. I am wondering if there would be a problem as you have to pay for access to a state park.

I have emailed gc.com and it won't be a problem if the cache is owned by the local park.
It has yet to be determined if the cacher or the park will own the cache. That will be worked out at the next meeting on the 13th. I am going to push for the geocacher to own the cache and then have the park put it on their watch list.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I hope they allow the cacher own the cache. It will make it easier to keep once this promotion is over.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take Big Stone Lake. We have friends out there, gives us an excuse to visit more often!
Gone Astray
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can adopt Father Hennepin in Isle.
fargnot
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: State Park Adoption Reply with quote

My wife and I would be happy to help with Itasca State Park. We would also consider Lake Bemidji State Park and Schoolcraft State Park if no one else volunteers. I think of this as a state wide service project. One of the goals for this activity is to get as many people involved as possible to let the rest of the country know what great people geocachers are. By doing this, it will add variety and create more interest in the caching/general community. It will also develop stronger connections between the State of Minnesota and MnGCA which will go a long way to making Minnesota a geocaching destination. Thanks to Eskoclimber for having the foresight to get involved and organize the troops. Very Happy
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob and I will take Interstate State Park and Wild River State Park .

As a last restort, we will take Glacial Lakes State Park. It's only a mile or so from our cabin, but we're trying to sell the cabin, so may not be going to that part of the state much longer.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus&Betty wrote:
Bob and I will take Interstate State Park and Wild River State Park .

I put you two down for both parks but I'm thinking that if someone else wants to take one of those parks I will let them. My plan the first round is that I'd award "one to a customer". I gave three out to weldor, handezman, and merkman because they are three seperate people.
This is not a poke at you at all, I'm just trying to be fair. Since there is a pair of you I'm going to put you down for both.

As for the secondary picks, I'm going to wait a while to make sure everybody gets a chance to pick before I start awarding more parks to people.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, if someone else wants one of the parks, they can have it. If that turns out to be the case, then we would like Interstate State Park.

Thanks,
B&B
herrwald
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Mille Lacs Kathio.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
I gave three out to weldor, handezman, and merkman because they are three seperate people.

Any of us 3 is willing to give up anyone of those parks for someone else too. I just wanted to make sure that all the parks were covered.
TheCollector
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can do Nerstrand Big Woods when would these be placed?
marbleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an existing cache in Cuyuna Country Recreational Area and would be interested in placing another for this event.
elfdoctors
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Wisconsin cachers eligible to adopt a park?

I live near both the Wild Rivers and St. Croix State Parks. I also have a few ammo cans collecting dust. I also have an annual state park pass so several trips wouldn't be a major imposition.

edit - As an aside, I saw a patient today who is married to someone who commutes to the cities and works for the St. Paul parks department. I mentioned geocaching to her to make sure that geocaching stays in St. Paul. Her husband is well aware of geocaching and they had no objections to geocaching. Apparently St. Paul is used to people looking around their parks for their annual winter festival medallion hunt.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elfdoctors wrote:
Are Wisconsin cachers eligible to adopt a park?

This never came up before. I will bring this up at the meeting on 13 DEC to see how the Mn DNR feels about it. I am curious to hear what Minnesota residents have to say. Comments please?
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Savanna Portage, a fine park.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: