MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could take on Monson Lake too if no one else is willing. The contact person is the same as at Sibley State Park.

Edited to add: I see that loneeagle_24 mentioned Monson Lake as a possibility. So let me amend that to say: I could take on Monson Lake if loneeagle_24 doesn't pick it up, or Lake Carlos if onionpond doesn't. If loneeagle_24 or onionpond like these parks best for their second park, that's OK with me. I'd gladly yield to another cacher.

Last edited by msrubble on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Gone Astray
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take on Banning State Park if no other takers.
PassingWind
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in:
Arrow Cascade River (NE)
Arrow George H. Crosby Manitou (NE)
Arrow Gooseberry Falls (NE)
Arrow Grand Portage (NE)
Arrow Judge C.R. Magney (NE)
Arrow Split Rock Lighthouse (NE)
Arrow Temperance River (NE)
Arrow Tettegouche (NE)

Cool PASSINGWIND Cool
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eskoclimber,

Are we going to start seeing the second choices getting placed into the list on the first page? It would be nice to figure out who is going to have what and what parks would still be available after all of the second round pick(s) are completed. Right now I am still looking at three parks that I would cover. Also curious how soon the parks will be contacting us about the placement of the caches.
MN-CACHE-TRACKER
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Charles Lindbergh State Park & Crow Wing State Park Reply with quote

I will take both Charles Lindbergh State Park & Crow Wing State Park if they have not been spoken for yet. let me know
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Are we going to start seeing the second choices getting placed into the list on the first page? It would be nice to figure out who is going to have what and what parks would still be available after all of the second round pick(s) are completed. Right now I am still looking at three parks that I would cover. Also curious how soon the parks will be contacting us about the placement of the caches.

Please note that parks that have been selected are in bold face font, parks that haven't been picked up are not.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please note that parks that have been selected are in bold face font, parks that haven't been picked up are not.

What I was meaning was that there are some of us that have requested other parks. You said you were going to go through these and go by a first come first serve basis of awarding the additional parks. I would still like to have:

Upper sioux

in addition to Lac Qui Parle.

If msrubble wants to pick up Monson lake that will be fine with me, especially if it is the same contact as what Sibley is.

You said earlier in the thread (back a couple of pages) that you were going to go through the requests on the additional parks that cachers listed and start assigning them so then we would have a better idea of what parks would still be left that haven't been "spoken for" as of yet.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone through the last eight pages of forum posts and I am now contacting people about their second round picks.
I started at page one and I am still doing the first come first serve on the remaining parks. Please note if there are overlaps that I will try and make sure that everyone gets a fair shake at the picks.

I am sending PM's today.

Also, please PM me with contact information if you have picked a park.

Information required is:

GeoCaching screen name =
Real name =
Phone number =
email address =
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was going to be a naming convention for all of the caches placed in the state parks? Like "MN Geocaching History - Park Name" or something similar? I was thinking that would make it easier to search for all of the caches once they are all placed and the challenge starts. I apologize if I missed that somewhere and it's already been discussed.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DNR has already picked the name of the series. I will verify the name after the meeting on March 5, 2008.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are eight parks unspoken for. I've sent some emails, however, if you know of anybody in these areas that might be interested send me a private message (PM), please.

Moose Lake (NE)
Scenic (NE)

Hayes Lake (NW)
Lake Bronson (NW)
Old Mill (NW)

Great River Bluffs (S)
Monson Lake (S)
Split Rock Creek (S)
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
There are eight parks unspoken for. I've sent some emails, however, if you know of anybody in these areas that might be interested send me a private message (PM), please.

Moose Lake (NE)
Scenic (NE)

Hayes Lake (NW)
Lake Bronson (NW)
Old Mill (NW)

Great River Bluffs (S)
Monson Lake (S)
Split Rock Creek (S)

I am not sure who you put down for Temperance.. I asked for it if distance wasn't an issue. If you don't have me down for that then you can place me in for Great River Bluffs (S). I am certainly down that direction enough. Or, if you do have me for Temperance, swap me to Great River Bluffs (S) instead.
GEO06
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you share any details about the meeting on March 5th? Are we still to wait for the park manager to contact us...also the sign up list on page 1 still has a lot more then 8 showing available-it would be great to have that updated.
fargnot
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: State Park History Challenge Reply with quote

Scott, Cindy and I will take Hayes Lake, thanks for all of the shuffling. With Roylake taking Old Mill and Lake Bronson that completes the region.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do Moose Lake.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: