MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pet Cemetaries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Pet Cemetaries Reply with quote

Does anybody know of any pet cemetaries in the Metro area, other than the one in Roseville? I'm working on a cache idea that involves a pet cemetary and my and others travel bugs that have gone missing--not another TB graveyard, but a place to bring them back in a slightly altered form, kind of like the Stephen King book. There is already a cache (Micro Treasures #5 by kingboreas (GCGW6F)) near the pet cemetary in Roseville, so I'd like to place my new cache someplace else, if there is a someplace else. I was also thinking of the Indian Mounds on the bluffs across the river from the downtown St. Paul airport, but that is aready a cache dense area.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll remove that cache. Sounds like a cool idea.

For some reason, my log here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=25561&log=y&decrypt=

was deleted.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal Inn Pet Cemetery
8633 N 34th St
Lake Elmo, MN 55042
612-777-0255

Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with all the sudden interest in renewing MIA bugs?? I have just had a long email discussion with somebody called Travelbug Gravedigger who wants to "zombie" the Tbugs out of TB graveyard.
Then some speculation with somebody else about the very active and *appreciated* Bug Rescuitor (who seems to gravitate to the Reservoir Woods Bug hotel for some unknown reason)...... must live in St Paul, eh?

Don't people know how to re-release their own Tbugs??? or do they just lose interest and let them fade away?

15Tango wrote:
bring them back in a slightly altered form, kind of like the Stephen King book.
Matt --- you need to bring your cemetery NORTH just a bit Wink
and...... I have read that book -- not too sure it I want any of my TBs going through THAT type of alteration Shocked Too scary to pick any of them up either --- might go Cujo on me.
Too bad somebody doesn't make a virtual, King based "pet cemetery" in Maine, complete with specific instructions of how to re-release the TBugs, they could drop them in the regular bug cemetery and revive them in the "pet cemetery" then drop them locally....... oh wait -- virtuals are not allowed Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Don't people know how to re-release their own Tbugs??? or do they just lose interest and let them fade away?

As many of you might already know I thought I'd go as "travelbug gravedigger" and help bring "zombie" bugs here to minnesota.......

But then I didn't think it was a good idea after I sent out a ton of emails to cachers all over the world.........I acted too soon without thinking (again).

But I was suprised that MANY people don't know how to Re-Release their own TBugs....I would suggest that if you notice a bug that has been sitting in a cache that has gone missing just email the owner and tell them how to do it.

I think I got emails from about 10 or so people on how to make a "re-release" or a "zombie" bug. And most of them are going to re-drop them on there own now. I was very surprised that most had no real clue as to how to do it and was very happy when found out.

I even had one email that a guy had a bug in his hands for over a year and NEVER even let it go once. He said he didn't know how to activate it.
If people can't figure out how to activate a bug how do they figure out their GPS(wondering to self)?

Anyways I was going to go as the "travelbug gravedigger" but I put him in the GRAVE!! I killed that Idea.......I think better to let those with MIA bugs just do it on there own but inform them as to how.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB, you can leave your cache--I'll try the one in Lake Elmo, and Google gave me one in IGH, which is closer to my house. I don't see what's so difficult about sending copy tags into circulation--I just use the tag number to virtually reclaim the bug. As far as the miles on the travel bug page, it shouldn't matter if I leave them, since this isn't a competition, right? So it shouldn't matter if I virtually sent the bug to the middle of the Atlantic, even though it never really went there after it was lost. Anyhow, right now, I have 4 that were grabbed, and I never got a reply email from whoever is supposed to have it, and they haven't moved in at least 6 months, so I'll start my cache with them. I also have two that are about to join them--one was grabbed from a cache by the cache owner, and I had to email them telling them how bugs work, and they haven't visited gc.com since logging the bug into their possession, and another one grabbed from a cache where whoever grabbed it never virtually claimed it and they haven't responded to any of my emails--I give each of those a little more time before I declare them MIA.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not ready to use the Roseville site yet--I haven't been to the pet cemetery in Lake Elmo yet. But I did go to the address I found for Forever Pets in I.G. H., and discovered it's been dug up for a Centex housing development. I don't know if Forever Pets was an actual pet cemetery, or if they just sold pet interment supplies. If it was a pet cemetery, though, I think we've gone from Pet Sematary to Poltergiest.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a clue...Ms.Generic is same person as the Bug Res......too easy!!!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Here's a clue for you all ... Reply with quote

The Walrus was Paul ...

Goo Goo Ga Joob

towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Here's a clue for you all ... Reply with quote

kingboreas wrote:
The Walrus was Paul ...

Goo Goo Ga Joob

And all along I thought the Wallypog was Paul!
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a clue for you all ... Reply with quote

kingboreas wrote:
The Walrus was Paul ...

Goo Goo Ga Joob

does that mean ........I am the eggman...............
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the cache placed--http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=98727--and it was almost as big an adventure as finding them. I went to the pet cemetery in Lake Elmo, and scouted out a good location nearby in a copse of trees near some ATV trails between Highway 5 and the railroad tracks, then as I was watching the news before heading out to place the cache, I see that Washington County wants to ban ATVs in the ditches next to roads, so I didn't want to fan the flames by tossing an ammo can out there. So I finally decided to place my cache near three people cemeteries and an off-leash dog park in Roseville. Its near a great paved trail--I strolled quite a ways from where I parked before I thought I should plant the ammo can I was carrying with me--I hope you all enjoy finding it as much as I enjoyed placing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: