MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contacting the Forum Moderators

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Contacting the Forum Moderators Reply with quote

We have established an email address, moderators@mngca.org.

We would appreciate folks using that address to contact the forum moderators if you have any suggestions, complaints, links to duplicate threads, or other issues that require the intervention of a moderator to deal with.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Contacting the Forum Moderators Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:

We would appreciate folks using that address to contact the forum moderators if you have any suggestions, complaints, links to duplicate threads, or other issues that require the intervention of a moderator to deal with.

why can't this just be done in some to the threads?

doesn't the moderator read the thread?

I just can't see sending an email on every single issue....

such as this...

http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2115&start=15

Can't an issue with a moderator be in a public setting? For instance I find "so and so" moderator to be very passive aggressive and I don't think its for the best of MNGCA....so I send an email...

now....is it possible that email is read/deleted by the moderator...and the other moderators don't see it?

seems to me like an copy should also be sent to the board......but it would be ideal in some situations for it to be public and all members see the issue

Last edited by Kitch on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Contacting the Forum Moderators Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
Pear Head wrote:

why can't this just be done in some to the threads?

doesn't the moderator read the thread?

I just can't see sending an email on every single issue....

such as this...

http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2115&start=15

sorry...I'll send an email on my suggestion when I get around to it.
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably good to have an email address for issues that a member wishes to address without the entire membership being in on it. There could also be a thread created for issues that a member wishes to address openly. Or maybe one already exists.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to popular belief, moderators have lives outside of the MnGCA, the MnGCA forums and geocaching and we check our email addresses more than the forums. When you email moderators@mngca.org, it goes into every moderator's personal email address so it can't simply be deleted. Laughing

There are issues which should be publicly addressed and the forum is a good place for that. Other issues which some might deem a private matter, or issues which should be brought to the attention of a moderator are more likely to be addressed in a timely fashion if we get an email in our inboxes. This is being done as a service to forum users and to us moderators who don't necessarily read every single thread as carefully as others might (or moderators should).

It is also an area that you can voice your concern over moderation to the moderation team. To give you an idea of how this works, if you have a gripe about how the forums are being handled, first contact moderators@mngca.org. If something isn't answered at that level, you can send an email to board@mngca.org, too.

I hope this answers some of your questions, Kitch. If you have any more questions regarding this, please post them here. Its good to answer all of the questions at least once in public because it'll save some time in the future.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, moderators have lives outside of the MnGCA

As is evident by the attendance level at weeknight caching trips and breakfast buddies. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you...

I am glad I got an good response vs. somebody just assuming that I was trolling.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: