MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anoka County

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNSearchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Anoka County Reply with quote

So not to be ignorant but again, i have checked out the guidelines and can't find the info i need. Can you put caches in Anoka County Parks? Or is it a don't ask, don't tell kinda thing and if you put in caches will Surfer Joe publish it? I can't find any updated info after 2006. Or is it just a NO NO NO do NOT put caches in Anoka County Parks. Are the caches that are already in these parks old old ones? Thanks for the info. I will keep checking out the forums to see if i can find any more info.
Laurie Twisted Evil Idea
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Park Relations.

Quote:
So not to be ignorant but again

It's best to ask first then to place one and then have to remove it. Smile

Look here:

Arrow http://www.mngca.org/guidelines.php

It's the first one listed under Minnesota Counties. They are definitely off-limits.

The board is looking for people that live in the area to serve on a committee to work on getting caching back in Anoka County. See here:

Arrow http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3514

Quote:
Are the caches that are already in these parks old old ones?

I was under the impression that caches in county parks were removed. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm guessing there is another thread on this somewhere although I couldn't find it at first glance. If another mod sees it, please link it to here and close this one
MNSearchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there are a few but thats not really what I am here about. I mean I am because I thought you couldn't put a cache in county parks and then i was near a few. Which is great. I don't want to open that can of worms and would like that to be kept to ourselves here. But I was confused.
As far as a committee. I guess Brian and I could be involved somehow with that as we are a mile or less from Anoka County. Will concentrate on putting caches in Wright and Sherburne Counties for now. Man there is more than enough room here. Can't wait and keep your eyes open. Will make it worth everyones trip up here. Thanks for the answers.
Laurie
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five years ago, Anoka County threatened to remove caches. They never have.

Stupidly, I removed, or had removed, about 30 of mine.

No new ones have been approved in about a year and a half.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be my opinion that removing them was still the better way to go for the long run. We ran into a similar situation in EP:

The land is managed by the county. If they say no caches then there should be no caches. Just because they didn't remove them doesn't mean that it would be ok to leave them there. They still manage the land, even if they don't have the time/resources/desire to remove them.

Having the caches remain there after a clear ban on caching only hurts any negotiations later on. 'If cachers can't remove them when asked then why do we want to reopen our parks to cachers who don't follow the rules?'.

Removing them was the smarter way to go in the long run I think.
MNSearchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the answers. I got what I was looking for by coming here. KB thats sad that happened. We thoroughly enjoy your caches and your now on our #1 list for caches found by cache hiders. Ha! Thanks PearHead for the answers.
Laurie
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Removing them was the smarter way to go in the long run I think.

Thanks Matt. That's the first MnGCA recognition I got for doing it.

I won't be removing Kordiak County Park. I have email communication with Jim Kordiak, County Commissioner for that district. He never questioned it being there. He gave me historical background.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: