MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling MnGCA coins for profit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Oh do I despise public opinion polls. On the national forums you'll get a 50-50 split and a bunch of hooligans harrassing you either way you decide.

Oh boy, you better not do a poll on here or you'll end up with a Team of Hooligans owning you!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Oh do I despise public opinion polls. On the national forums you'll get a 50-50 split and a bunch of hooligans harrassing you either way you decide.

Oh boy, you better not do a poll on here or you'll end up with a Team of Hooligans owning you!

Hee hee.. I like this link better...

From the neck up he reminds me of Sammy Hagar, but with red hair.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't question why you would sell your coins on E-bay, but I do have to question your intent when you post 2 LE edition coins and your member coin starting and finishing within 10 min of the listing that everyone here was notified would start at 9PM that night. Shocked

You are free sell what ever you want, whenever you want on E-bay, but basically having 4 very similar coins starting and ending at the same time pretty much cuts out any chance of high bids on any of the 4 coins.

That all but put the nail in the coffin for the funds for the MnGCA geonickel project.

Oh well.......... I tried. Question
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
So convoluted I am not even sure I buy into it... but the fact is, I have coin XXX and I do not collect coins. If I put it into circulation someone else is sure to pick it up and make the claim to it. Oh the dilemma...

Don't worry about it...
I am not interested in your coin anymore.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
I don't question why you would sell your coins on E-bay, but I do have to question your intent when you post 2 LE edition coins and your member coin starting and finishing within 10 min of the listing that everyone here was notified would start at 9PM that night. Shocked

You are free sell what ever you want, whenever you want on E-bay, but basically having 4 very similar coins starting and ending at the same time pretty much cuts out any chance of high bids on any of the 4 coins.

That all but put the nail in the coffin for the funds for the MnGCA geonickel project.

Oh well.......... I tried. Question

Giving up before your auction even closes or is this just an attempt at making someone feel bad?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
bflentje wrote:
So convoluted I am not even sure I buy into it... but the fact is, I have coin XXX and I do not collect coins. If I put it into circulation someone else is sure to pick it up and make the claim to it. Oh the dilemma...

Don't worry about it...
I am not interested in your coin anymore.

Thanks for the note. I've got someone else willing to take it if you didn't want it and she isn't interested in playing with emotions.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Giving up before your auction even closes or is this just an attempt at making someone feel bad?

Even I, who doesn't eBay hardly at all, knows that it would significantly reduce the funds merkman receives (which he's already stated will be used to find an MnGCA project):

Sad
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Even I, who doesn't eBay hardly at all, knows that it would significantly reduce the funds merkman receives (which he's already stated will be used to find an MnGCA project):

Sad

Last I checked there's only one guy bidding. What, does he bid against himself??
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is so much whining I'll go ahead and drop all but one of my auctions. Jeez.. last time I whined on the Moving 1 2 3 cache I got crucified. I hate double standards and hypocrites.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Since there is so much whining I'll go ahead and drop all but one of my auctions. Jeez.. last time I whined on the Moving 1 2 3 cache I got crucified. I hate double standards and hypocrites.

Not that my opinion counts for much. But don't drop the auctions. Those coins belong to you and you have the right to do with them what you want.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
There are a zillion listings on eBay and no one seems to wait for my auctions to finish before listing similar items.

I think I'll probably be listing the following items:
- 5th Anniversary MN Cache Bash
- MN Showy Lady Slipper
- MNGCA Gold LE, both coins (I'll keep MO and standard issue coins)

Poking my head in because I got an email this morning Wink

I did wait on listing my CB5 coins until your auction was over.... mine was scheduled to start and end with that last batch of ExMN coins I sold, but I re-scheduled it to start after yours. So you can't always say that we don't care.

After my auction is over, IF the last of the coins sell, you can officially list your coin as "Sold Out" which should raise it's value a bit... And no, you do not have to give me any kind of heads up over ebay -- I have several keywords on my automatic search and most auctions that I want to watch pop up with no problem. It is the sale of trade only Centris cans that get my panties in a twist.

I have about 5 of the CB5's I am keeping for traders, but that's it. They are gone... let the secondary sales begin, eh?

I still have 4 gold ExMN, MN resident only coins available - so if you are a relative newbie and you don't have one, LMK
Also, if you are dying to have an unactivated silver Bear Hugs coin with a number that matches your gold coin, email me and I will see if I still have it available.

Also I didn't know that there was going to be a problem selling the MNGCA LE's... I had planned on selling my spares to cover the cost of my keepers. Maybe I will wait awhile on that one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a heads up for you guys.... I have decided to bring out one more MN based coin even though I am far away -- I really want to release a coin for the CITO cache. Probably sometime in January or February.

Five years of CITO in MN is something good, and I have to say that caches in MN are cleaner and better maintained than caches in WY, UT & ID are. You guys should be really proud of yourselves! It really shows how much MN cachers care about park systems and public land. No kidding! Very Happy
CITO here is a foreign word (sigh) and caching with a trash bag in your hand is considered to be fairly weird.

Miss you all ~ N
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Also I didn't know that there was going to be a problem selling the MNGCA LE's... I had planned on selling my spares to cover the cost of my keepers. Maybe I will wait awhile on that one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no problem with selling MNGCA LE's. They are sold out you have purchased them you can sell them when and where you want to. I had questioned a MnGCA members intent on putting 3 coins starting and ending within 15 min of a listing for a LE coin that was on E-bay to help the MnGCA. As you mentioned in your post you changed the start time of some our your coins out of respect for other MnGCA members who had coins on E-bay already so I don't think you would have to worry about that. I don't have plans to sell any more LE's in the foreseeable future and since I was the one whining I don't think you would have to worry about that either.

Centris wrote:
Here is a heads up for you guys.... I have decided to bring out one more MN based coin even though I am far away -- I really want to release a coin for the CITO cache. Probably sometime in January or February.

Sweet

all I's in this post reefer to merkman the geocacher.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
There is no problem with selling MNGCA LE's. They are sold out you have purchased them you can sell them when and where you want to. I had questioned a MnGCA members intent on putting 3 coins starting and ending within 15 min of a listing for a LE coin that was on E-bay to help the MnGCA. As you mentioned in your post you changed the start time of some our your coins out of respect for other MnGCA members who had coins on E-bay already so I don't think you would have to worry about that. I don't have plans to sell any more LE's in the foreseeable future and since I was the one whining I don't think you would have to worry about that either.

For God's sake, get over it and stop whining. I only reason I listed them in the first place is because some of you, who I can name if needed, decided to question my ethics for wanting to profit from a coin that I PAID for. To live up to the B.S., I ran right to eBay and listed them.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the love Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: