MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rice Elementary Activity Day - 2/1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Rice Elementary Activity Day - 2/1 Reply with quote

Rice Elementary School in Rice, MN is planning an Activity Day for February 2nd. One of the activities they are planning to offer the kids is an geocaching block. There will be 3 - 45 minute blocks with 10-13 kids in them. The students will be 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.

The plan is to give a brief classroom overview of the GPS and Geocaching, then go out and find a few. I am guessing there will be time to find 3 or 4 temporary caches. Rice Elementary has a very large fenced-in school yard with plenty of hiding spots.

I am hoping to get some help with this. Anything you can do is great. I might be in need of a coule GPS units for the afternoon at least. I think I have plenty of containers. I haven't decided on the schwag yet.

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Kurt Franke
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Geocaching Outreach.
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow up...

My son and I went up to Rice Elementary School for their Activity Day on 2/2. We placed 6 temporary caches around the huge playground area. The caches contained different words. When they found all the caches they could make a sentence and recieve some schwag.

We paired the kids up giving each team a GPS and a clipboard to record their finds. My son helped out along with their teacher. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

I would like to thank yoteman and durde for loaning out their GPSs for the afternoon.

Later,

Kurt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: