MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket Query Generator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Pocket Query Generator Reply with quote

Is it just me or is the Pocket Query Generator on the www.geocaching.com web page a piece of crap? This is for premium members only and it sends a query of all the caches you ask it to to your GPS and PalmPilot.

This weekend I have been waiting for this generator to send me 2 queries. I never got them.

Why should we not be able to get these immediately. Also, why is there a limit of 4 per day. If this is the best they can do for my $30 per year membership, I won't be renewing. AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

tomslusher
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Pocket Query Generator Reply with quote

tomslusher wrote:
This weekend I have been waiting for this generator to send me 2 queries. I never got them.

Apparently their mail server was down, I had the same problem. On Saturday when I requested one it came within minutes... They have upgraded the PQ server and it should be sending the PQ's much faster.

Quote:
Why should we not be able to get these immediately. Also, why is there a limit of 4 per day. If this is the best they can do for my $30 per year membership, I won't be renewing. AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Please feel free to send them hardware and more money for bandwith. There are a lot of users running PQs and it takes time for them to go through. They need all the help they can get. Like I said, they just upgraded the PQ server and it should be running much faster.

You aren't limited to four a day, you are limited to four different searches. Edit one of your searches and make it different, select the current day, and click edit search (or whatever the submit button is) and it will do that.

Silent Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: