MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Page Box for CotM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Front Page Box for CotM Reply with quote

To Webmaster and others whom this might concern,

I've noticed that the monthly CotM announcements seems to monopolize a proportionally large space on the front page. It seems that there are other important public announcement articles that might be better suited to be presented at that location.

To reduce the CotM announcements, would it be possible to create a sidebox, similar to the "Milestones" box for CotM? For example, making a box just below the Milestones box with a listing of the CotM winners for the last 12 months with clickable links to the CotM forum vote?

Something like:
Cache of the Month:
September 2007 - GC12VTX - 5 Digits 2 Float Your Boats by IBcrashen, Gonsolo & Roxy
August 2007 - GC11PYB - Mastermind by pfalstad
July 2007 - GCGQEC - ROCKY TOP by loneeagle_24

And so on. If so, who can help me create this or show me how I can create it?

-Jonas
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Page Box for CotM Reply with quote

Jonas wrote:
To Webmaster and others whom this might concern,

I've noticed that the monthly CotM announcements seems to monopolize a proportionally large space on the front page. It seems that there are other important public announcement articles that might be better suited to be presented at that location.

To reduce the CotM announcements, would it be possible to create a sidebox, similar to the "Milestones" box for CotM? For example, making a box just below the Milestones box with a listing of the CotM winners for the last 12 months with clickable links to the CotM forum vote?

Something like:
Cache of the Month:
September 2007 - GC12VTX - 5 Digits 2 Float Your Boats by IBcrashen, Gonsolo & Roxy
August 2007 - GC11PYB - Mastermind by pfalstad
July 2007 - GCGQEC - ROCKY TOP by loneeagle_24

And so on. If so, who can help me create this or show me how I can create it?

-Jonas

While anything is possible, I'm going to suggest that we hold the idea for a while (a month or so). There are some things in the works now, although I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet... Cool
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Page Box for CotM Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I'm going to suggest that we hold the idea for a while (a month or so).

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: