MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News Flash: 2008 Minnesota Sesquicentennial Parks plans
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
The plan is not to change the finals location on a daily basis, only to change the final's location in the event it becomes necessary.
The new location would be submitted for approval as any other cache with the corresponding limitations (distance from original location<500 feet, etc).

The proper way to do this is to either move the cache and update the coordinates (with the help of the reviewer if necessary due to distance constraints) or to archive the listing and submit a new one. Multi-caches are not meant to be a way to allow the hider to move a cache around without going through the review process!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Multi-caches are not meant to be a way to allow the hider to move a cache around without going through the review process!

I understand that. Please understand the managers are also thinking about ways to combat volunteer trails. They are looking for options and this was one they came up with on their own. I will bring it up at the next meeting so they understand the restrictions completely. Obviously I didn't explain it well enough at the meeting.
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I don't know exactly what the restrictions are, but they don't sound too restricting.

If it's less than a .10 move, can't the owner just move it and send Surfer Joe an email saying where it got moved to. If it is in a legal location, wouldn't he just approve it via email? If the owner unknowingly picked a place too close to another cache, SJ would just inform the owner and it would need to be shifted from there. The owner could also post an addendum to the cache page saying the final was moved and previous finders are free to log another find.....that is, if they can find it.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
Quote:
Multi-caches are not meant to be a way to allow the hider to move a cache around without going through the review process!

I understand that. Please understand the managers are also thinking about ways to combat volunteer trails. They are looking for options and this was one they came up with on their own. I will bring it up at the next meeting so they understand the restrictions completely. Obviously I didn't explain it well enough at the meeting.

Combat volunteer trails?? When are we going to remove 10 gazillion deer from the woods doing the same thing? Has the world gone that mad?
onionpond
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Combat volunteer trails?? When are we going to remove 10 gazillion deer from the woods doing the same thing? Has the world gone that mad?

It's their living room, they're allowed.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onionpond wrote:
Quote:

It's their living room, they're allowed.

Last I checked hominids (sp?) lived in the forest at one time too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: