MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with posting a milestone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with PMs is I clicked on the person I wanted to PM [Lucid], and I was directed to the Bus&Betty profile page. I tried other people and got the same result.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
From the forums or from the main page?

Has to be from the main page. The forum code hasn't been modified (well, that I know of at least -- and not from what I can tell) to alter the PM button in the forum software. Obviously you won't be able to PM from the main page though.

I guess when I made those modifications all those years ago I never thought that we would have a problem arise like this.

edit to fix my bad grammar Smile

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus&Betty wrote:
My problem with PMs is I clicked on the person I wanted to PM [Lucid], and I was directed to the Bus&Betty profile page. I tried other people and got the same result.

You clicked on their profile button or the PM button? If I click on anybody's profile button in the forums, I get MY profile. If I click on a PM button for anyone in the forums, it seems to work (I haven't tried to send a PM but it brings up the correct PM form).

Last edited by pfalstad on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Bus&Betty wrote:

You clicked on their profile button or the PM button? If I click on anybody's profile button in the forums, I get MY profile. If I click on a PM button for anyone in the forums, it seems to work (I haven't tried to send a PM but it brings up the current PM form).

I guess you guys sort of hit on my point - the PMs work fine, you just have to access them from the forum, not from the main page.

I'm guessing that all of these problems are related to the same core problem, so once GeoPierce figures out what that is then it should hopefully fix up everything. Smile
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GP knows that we've got some issues and will fix things when he has a moment, but he is currently swamped with life. Cool
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we've fixed all of the problems except those related to the register.php, which allows you to register for the organization or modify your registration/address/etc.

If you find problems other than the registration issues I mentioned above, please post them here. The URL you are seeing the problem on, any error messages it gives you, and any other 'odd' symptoms would help.

You can also email webmaster@mngca.org instead if you like.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
Bus&Betty wrote:

You clicked on their profile button or the PM button? If I click on anybody's profile button in the forums, I get MY profile. If I click on a PM button for anyone in the forums, it seems to work (I haven't tried to send a PM but it brings up the current PM form).

I guess you guys sort of hit on my point - the PMs work fine, you just have to access them from the forum, not from the main page.

I'm guessing that all of these problems are related to the same core problem, so once GeoPierce figures out what that is then it should hopefully fix up everything. Smile

Working now. When I click on Lucid's link in the forum, I get Lucid's page and can PM him.

Thanks
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not able to post a milestone - http://www.mngca.org/cacherMiles.php . I've tried logging out and back in and I tried it with both Firefox and IE. I see Pear Head was able to post milestones, though, so I don't know if the problem is on my end or not.
XHawk
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried mine a few minutes ago, it worked this time. I'm guessing the problem is fixed now. Very Happy
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
I'm still not able to post a milestone - http://www.mngca.org/cacherMiles.php . I've tried logging out and back in and I tried it with both Firefox and IE. I see Pear Head was able to post milestones, though, so I don't know if the problem is on my end or not.

Try it again and let me know if you still have the problem.
Smiling duo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having a hard time posting a milestone. I see a couple of you have posted, but like 15tango, I'm having trouble also. When I hit save, it just goes back to being blank. Hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks!!!
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no luck for me either. Cannot post a milestone.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:

Recently we were moved from an Apache server to a Litespeed server. I'm wondering if the problem was related to that move or something different...

We're in the middle of a move back. If it doesn't work now then give it 24 hours and try again.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to post my #500 milestone again and it's still a no-go. Help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: