MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Member vs. gamer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayfarer222
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Member vs. gamer Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been covered. Did a search, but didn't find my answer. Is it possible to switch my membership from a gamer only to a member? Is there an advantage even if just as how others view you from being a member vs. a gamer only? Excuse the newbie question please. Thanks!
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to have a cache game called "Lakers" that involved moving travel bug like items from cache to cache and getting points based on how many were moved within a round of play. But it was recently retired and we are designing a new game.

You can easily switch to a member by logging in and editing your profile.

Go here and login if prompted: http://www.mngca.org/cacher.php

Then click the "Edit Profile" link and change the registration type to MnGCA Member. You'll also have to provide your name and valid mailing address.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the more relevent discussion is what are the benefits you get with being a member.

Cache Game Only- provides some access to the forums but prevents you from seeing other forums that are for members only discussion. Essentially as a Cache Game Only site user - you are a guest and have access to games run by the MnGCA.

Member- Assumes you have read and accepted the MnGCA bylawa. Provides you full access to all discussions within the organization being held on the forums. Allows you to voice your opinion to the MnGCA board. Allows you to vote for board members if you became a member with adequate time before the upcoming election. Allows you to have first look at MnGCA products that may be offered (i.e. the next MnGCA geocoin). Doesn't cost anything to be a member other then agreeing to the bylaws (and hopefully participating in organization business - my words here).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: