MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September 2007 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be the September 2007 Cache of the Month?
Plowline Trail #1 - Plowline Bust
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
5 Digits 2 Float Your Boats
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: September 2007 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE Reply with quote

This vote will run from September 24th through September 30th 2007.

GCQMR8 - Plowline Trail #1 - Plowline Bust by 83pony
Nominated by TheLoneCacher
I'd like to nominate the Plow Line Trail set of caches, by 83Pony. This is an awesome trail with 12 geocaches planted strategically along it. The trail meanders through forest and meadow, past panoramic vistas, fields and meadows of wildflowers, and luscious berries (in season). This is a 4-season trail, though some of the hides may be more challenging when the snow flies.

Many of the hides themselves are also unique in the type of container used; 83Pony has devised some really creative cache containers that also make the trail a unique challenge. He also hid them at various elevations, i.e. not all hides are on the ground under various forms of cover.

Though at times the GPS indicates that the cache lies in a direction that requires intense bushwacking, if one just ignores that impulse and continues along the trail it will wind around and get to the desired waypoint without undue excess walking. In other words, no walking 2 miles of trail to reach a waypoint that is 500 ft. away it takes truly only a few more minutes to take the "long way" and is actually faster than the "short-cut" of bushwacking.

This series starts with GCQMR8 and concludes with GC13A8J. It's an awesome geocaching experience.

Links to all stages:
GCQMR8 - Plowline Trail #1 - Plowline Bust
GC1387P - Plowline Trail #2 - On Stolen Pond
GC1389J - Plowline Trail #3 - By the Side of the Road
GC139JV - Plowline Trail #4 - Beside What?
GC139N0 - Plowline Trail #5 - House with a Good View
GC139R3 - Plowline Trail #6 - Half-Way Done
GC139RX - Plowline Trail #7 - View of Stockton Valley
GC139TK - Plowline Trail #8 - Barkin' up the Right Tree
GC13A7W - Plowline Trail #9 - Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me
GC13AY5 - Plowline Trail #10 - Not a Normal Block of Wood
GC13A89 - Plowline Trail #11 - In the Birch Grove
GC13A8J - Plowline Trail #12 - What a Hole!

GC12VTX - 5 Digits 2 Float Your Boats by IBcrashen, Gonsolo & Roxy
Nominated by laker2
I would like to nominate "5 Digits 2 Float Your Boats" by IBcrashen as COTM. This cache has something for everyone. It is both puzzle and multi. But also at the various stages there are some interesting "challenges" to test one's manual dexterity and mental ingenuity. All of this is after you solve the initial puzzle.

To top everything off, it is located within a very pretty area of Duluth far from crowds. As I said in the cache log, you do not find this cache, you experience. It's fantastic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: