MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CITO cache
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: My reply Reply with quote

My reply:

Quote:
Who are all these people you chose to carbon copy? Are they interested in my responses to you?

I don't understand your response to me as it doesn't address anything I was talking about.

I'll re-word my statements and I apologize if I was not clear before:

If you are authentically concerned about trash in our parks, then take the time, like other geocachers do, and trash out. Do not put geocaches on top of piles of trash stashed in a park. I'm utterly confused why you put a geocache with food items and bags into a hole filled with trash, and leaving the trash there. Geocachers take care of our parks by trashing out trash. I do not know of any park service or organization that would approve that. I plan on visiting the park with your cache in it with two friends this weekend to clean up the area where you stashed your stuff to bring it up to make it respectful to the park.

Read more about geocaching policies. Also read about geocaching.com's existing policies on trashing out and cleaning up our parks here: http://www.cacheintrashout.org/ I feel that some of your efforts may be redundant.

If you are interested in "integrating" geocaching.com or the Minnesota Geocaching Association with third parties, please use the correct channels instead of claiming you're representing them. The Minnesota Geocaching Association that is responsible for working directly with park officials, government officials, companies and other organizations to develop this activity to benefit both the parks and geocachers.

On a side note, it's extremely unethical and rude to intentionally misquote, even yourself. You said in your original e-mail: " For all I know, college students or summer geocacher's used this site as their favorite beer drinking & watering hole!" Then, you changed the quote to read: "For all I know, college students or summer (visitors) used this site as their favorite beer drinking & watering hole!" Did you change your language due to all the people you carbon copied?

Geocaching is about having fun, enjoying our parks and recreation areas, and also doing our part on keeping our public areas beautiful. Geocachers know this, and most geocachers practice Cache-In, Trash-Out policies already. I'm happy that you want to participate, and I hope you're able to visit more caches and parks in the area soon.

I apologize that we are not seemingly able to communicate on the same wavelength, and I hope you understand that I'm replying with good intentions and respect your concerns. In the end, I think we both share the same respect for our wildlife, nature and park areas, and we both, in our own way, help to preserve and pitch in how we can. For any further questions, please ask geocaching.com and the Minnesota Geocaching Association directly.

Thank you,
-Aaron
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is his reply!!! Simply amazing.

Quote:
Subject: Reprise: [GEO] EcoTrekUSA "Learning for Life" @ Geocaching.com (4304pm)
Date: March 4, 2004 20.33.29 CST
To: s4xton@-removed-
Cc: bigcityjls@earthlink.-removed-

Aaron - Thanks for your feedback and follow-up suggestions.

Facts First:
Plans were pre-posted at the MnGCA "Virtual Geocache" for
CITO day in early Jan-2004 with images of "donated" promotional
materials for prior review / comment on changes desired or required ...

Initial goal was to integrate and demonstrate best www.lnt.org practices
Also wanted to keep some flexibility to reposition TRASHOUTXX
as a "triangulated" compass orienteering destination within this
Nine-Mile Creek adopted" wetland once "starter site" got cleared!

Mahalo (thanks) for your EXTRA efforts and attitude clarify common
@ http://EarthKeeping.futurethought.org mission and volunteering
to muster a capable "working party" of MnGCA helping hands ...

Keep your GPS "antenna tuned" for upcoming "bloomington Buckthorn Busts"
plus GeoTeach-FireWise sessions at the www.mnscu.edu iTeach Conference.

FYI - John Stone is new Executive Director for our watershed's
Bloomington Crime Prevention Association (BCPA) mentorship programs...

BCPA advocates & recognizes community action groups like www.MnGCA.org ...

Best regards for challenging & fun-filled
spring geocaching experiences ... BURK
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its interesting to note that this guys initials are "RJ", just like our own beloved RJ. And I bet he could make a puzzle cache that nobody could figure out. Somehow, we need to bring this guy over from the dark side.

-Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: