MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halloween Cache Series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Halloween Cache Series Reply with quote

This is just a note to let everyone know that my Get Spooked series of caches will be pulled within one week following Halloween. To date, there are seven in the series with three more to be placed before 10-31. Get them while they're still in play.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6ffccf43-ecda-4fa0-9a11-8d18340c540d
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3d176b95-8507-45f4-9e62-c2120ed66d9d
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=89e93ccb-a014-43ca-b477-9655edd03e97
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=80be2e11-dccc-44ba-af56-267c317d0857
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=47033767-18cc-43b6-9e50-23a33a2becd9
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e04337cf-f90e-4cbb-a243-77d0a11bc643
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=995a2d7f-1f7c-4ddc-a163-ebf0eebc6046
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the geocaching.com guidelines:

Quote:
When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore... temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) most likely will not be listed.
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, would a holiday-themed cache be allowed? Something that is there for October, shaped like a coffin; then there for November, maybe a turkey or something; December, in the form of a water-resistent presant; January as a this-or-that; etc.
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:
So, would a holiday-themed cache be allowed? Something that is there for October, shaped like a coffin; then there for November, maybe a turkey or something; December, in the form of a water-resistent presant; January as a this-or-that; etc.

It has nothing to do w/themes. It has to do w/the length of time a cache is meant to stay active.
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:

There is nothing in the guidelines preventing you from swapping containers if that is what you are asking.

On the other hand, there are plenty of holiday themed caches that are left out there year-round without changing anything.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfer Joe wrote:

Quote:
When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore... temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) most likely will not be listed.

Sorry, I can leave them listed. I figured since Halloween will be over interest will wane. Although Get Spooked #4 will probably have to be pulled since it is on private property.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Surfer Joe wrote:

Quote:

Sorry, I can leave them listed. I figured since Halloween will be over interest will wane. Although Get Spooked #4 will probably have to be pulled since it is on private property.

I doubt that people will lose interest. If they are out there, people will find them. Some of King Boreas' halloween caches are still out there and being found.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheew! Thought I'd have to run down to that area again in the next week or two...
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Surfer Joe wrote:

Quote:

I'll see if I can obtain permanent permission for #4. That one seems to be getting the most reaction from people. Might be fun to keep it around.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well considering I can't find one of them after 12 visits (I live less than a mile away) I just figured I suck at caching enough that it's not worth trying Wink
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Well considering I can't find one of them after 12 visits (I live less than a mile away) I just figured I suck at caching enough that it's not worth trying Wink

I know which one you are looking at I think......I found it! You SUCK!
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Surfer Joe wrote:

Quote:

I'll see if I can obtain permanent permission for #4. That one seems to be getting the most reaction from people. Might be fun to keep it around.

I'm glad you are leaving them, they are on my list to do but I will move #4 up now just in case!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look like fun, I might have to check one out this weekend if the weather isn't too bad.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#8 placed today and #9 going maybe tonight or tomorrow. #10 will be next week and hope to be the finale.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see that #4 is weeknigt cachings adventure....join us if you can....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: