MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November 2003 Cache of the Month -- VOTE HERE

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your choice for the cache of the month is:
Mr. Little Guy's House by WatrWalker
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
yogurt1 by rod and andrew
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: November 2003 Cache of the Month -- VOTE HERE Reply with quote

It's time to vote! In this post you will find the caches which have been nominated to be the MnGCA November Cache of the Month.

Voting ends on Halloween!! Twisted Evil

Rules for nominations here. Please comment on the process/rules on that thread. Please do your critiquing of these nominations in a positive way - through your vote. Please refrain from replying with negative comments about these caches, their owners, or the people who took the time to nominate them.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Nomination articles: (in the order they were nominated)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Little Guy's House by WatrWalker (nom. by Kitch)

I'm always looking the perfect kids cache and this is one I have my eye on. This cache is known worldwide and has been featured on WCCO, CNN, Canada Press, CBSnews.com, Associated Press, the CBS Early show, and countless others.

All of life is magical and fairy tales are true. This little tale takes place
at this cache. About 9 years ago a elf moved into this spot near Lake Harriet and that little guy still lives there today. However, no one has ever seen him so if you are a really good cache hunter maybe you'll spot him. Your mission is to find his home and leave him a note.
If you write him a letter he will write back. Please always use all lower case letters he prefers it that way. Mr. Little Guy's height is not confirmed but the press knows that he is taller than his younger brother and shorter than his older brother. The press is saying he wears comfortable khakis and the color green most of the time. If you want to bring him a snack bring Minnow Pizza he loves that.
Stop by and visit his special cache......I'm planning a little girls first visit
soon.

O.K. maybe it is not a "real" cache but you can still bring something to leave for the him and you can leave a letter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yogurt1 by rod and andrew (nom. by Marsha and Bob)

I chose this cache for a number of reasons. One, the absolutely breathtaking view from both the parking lot, located off of Frontier Place in Settler's Ridge development, and the top of the steep hill which descends to the cache location. Second, the difficult location at which the cache resides. And third, the beautifully maintained preserve which includes large displays at prominent points in the park.

I have read, from the logs of other cachers, that both parking and hiking from the south may not be advisable. When I visited this cache I felt lucky to have chosen to park at the north parking lot off of Frontier Place in the beautiful Settler’s Ridge development. I was overjoyed to see several people from the neighborhood taking advantage of the breathtaking views and beautiful park surroundings. I arrived slightly before 8:30am and was awestruck by the mist covered hillside leading down to the river valley.

Going into this I had no idea it had a terrain rating of four stars. As I peered over the edge of the steep descent I was glad that I chose this cache as my first find of the day. I do not recommend this for those with children or no traction on their feet. It took me quite a bit of time to reach the area where I thought the cache should be. Heavy tree cover had me wandering in circles for quite some time until I found the cache.

Normally relieved at finally securing my find, I turned and looked back up the hill and braced for a lengthy ascent. My reward for all my hard work was getting to watch several deer enjoying the cooler temperatures of the morning while I read about the history of the Richard T. Anderson and his vision.

If you are looking for a challenge with rewarding views of the 125 acre preserve, please do make a visit to yogurt1 (GCEF8E) in the Richard T. Anderson Conservation Area in Eden Prairie.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: