MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

08/15/2007 Changes to Geocaching.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
Still slow as molasses though. I'd like something between the old and the new. Just give me a map that shows what I haven't found yet. Right now I have to use a pocket query to do that.

I just looked at the pocket query page and they removed the map link so you can't view a map anymore of the pocket query results.
MSPMatt
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:
Still slow as molasses though. I'd like something between the old and the new. Just give me a map that shows what I haven't found yet. Right now I have to use a pocket query to do that.

I just looked at the pocket query page and they removed the map link so you can't view a map anymore of the pocket query results.

I have seen the map link icon come and go several times over the past 2 weeks on the pocket query page. I use that functionality a lot. It will probably be back tomorrow.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gang, What am I doing wrong. I pull up the map and get Seattle and put something into the ZOOM TO. It just goes to a blank map. Whats up with that. Did I miss a memo?
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghost640 wrote:
I liked it better before, they removed the information window at the top of the screen and cache index on the right side. You can launch a pop up window, for cache listings, but have to navigate to the actual page to get the rest of the info.

Oh - clicking on a cache icon brings up the cache info screen, like it better now.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More changes this morning! Now the listing of caches displayed on the screen is back. I was moving around on the map and got an error once, had to close the screen and start over.
I like that disabled caches are a different color (gray) than the rest.
And, it looks like you can create a pocket query from what you are looking at on the map! That could save some time!
MSPMatt
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSPMatt wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:

I have seen the map link icon come and go several times over the past 2 weeks on the pocket query page. I use that functionality a lot. It will probably be back tomorrow.

Map link is back!!! Very Happy
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The google map view now has Topo and Digital Orthographic Quadrangle (DOQ) options in addition to the map and satellite views. I wonder why I can't do topo in regular google maps...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: