MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contacts - Placing Caches in Maplewood & Gateway Trail?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MN-Paradox
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Contacts - Placing Caches in Maplewood & Gateway Trail? Reply with quote

I live off 35E/Larpenteur in St. Paul and there are a few parks in Maplewood and some spots along the Gateway Trail where I'd like to place caches.

I'm relatively new to geocaching (under 10 finds so far), but I've gone out with my girlfriend on several finds before and just started logging them on my own. I've read over the guidelines on geocaching.com regarding cache placement, but I have a few questions regarding permission/permits/contacts for my local area.

I've checked out the City of Maplewood website, but there's no info regarding geocaching. Should I email some of the people on their parks and recreation contact list, or does anyone know who I should contact?

I've also read some info on the DNR website about cache placing in State Parks, but I'm not sure if this relates to the Gateway Trail in the metro area. Does it fall under the State Park section?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Greg
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Contacts - Placing Caches in Maplewood & Gateway Tra Reply with quote

MN-Paradox wrote:
I've also read some info on the DNR website about cache placing in State Parks, but I'm not sure if this relates to the Gateway Trail in the metro area. Does it fall under the State Park section?

No, it doesn't fall under that department.
MN-Paradox
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email from someone over at geocaching.com who has placed several caches in Maplewood. I was hoping they would be able to point me in the right direction for those city parks. Here's what they said:
Quote:
Permission or permits are not needed in Maplewood. I did talk about it with the parks director a couple of years ago, and he had no problem with it.

Works for me! Going to start getting my cache(s) laid out.

Now, to work on the DNR regarding the Gateway Trail.

-G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: