MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log and Find deleted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems redundant to me also.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
In this case, SJ approved it with the cache description clearly stating that there was no log book present. To clarify what I said before, I plan to require an accompaning geomail for future hides even though a log book will be in the container.

I probably wouldn't go through the extra effort here unless I specifically knew they were question mark caches. Me thinks you'll be deleting a LOT of logs from the unknowing.
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...looks like I had better rethink the idea. Regarding the existing cache, the size of the container is the only reason I chose to have finders use geomail in lieu of signing in. I guess I'll have to get out some microsurgical tools and make a log.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your log book can be micro. You can tell them not to put the date and only their initials to reduce space.

But the small the log book the more you will have to do cache maintenance and replace the log.

I've seen nanos that can hold over a hunderd logs (initials only).
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
Hmmm...looks like I had better rethink the idea. Regarding the existing cache, the size of the container is the only reason I chose to have finders use geomail in lieu of signing in. I guess I'll have to get out some microsurgical tools and make a log.

What I meant by effort was, most of the time, I do proximity caching on errands and I just go by what is downloaded into the GPS. I usually filter out question marks unless I am specifically targeting them. If there are requirements for logging, I would know in a case like this. And I would think there are a lot of cachers just like me.
Bughound
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:

I have at least one cache that is a "blinker". It has a very small, long piece of paper in it for the log. If this is what you are looking for, I can send you a .pdf file that you can print out on both sides of a piece of paper. You can then cut it out and use it in the cache. It has a small space for each name and each log holds about 28 to 30 names. You can probably get 20 logs out of the sheet.

George
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bughound can you send it to me too..
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cut a thin strip from a piece of scrap paper. No lines on it, but that's no big deal. Now I just have to get around to putting it in the container.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the older style paper shredder and run a sheet of paper through it. This way I have multiple log sheets for all of my nano caches. I have gone through several pages in some of the busier caches. I just ask them to only put the date and username on the log sheet. Can normally fit about 20-25 logs on this providing they just use minmal space. I also keep extra log sheet in my cache bag so that I can replace one on the run if I happen to be near a cache and find the sheet is just about full.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest solution is not to hide nano caches! Laughing Nano caches upset yetis and no one wants an unhappy yeti Wink
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I have the older style paper shredder and run a sheet of paper through it. This way I have multiple log sheets for all of my nano caches.

I was wondering how you did that.

Very nice.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I have the older style paper shredder and run a sheet of paper through it. This way I have multiple log sheets for all of my nano caches. I have gone through several pages in some of the busier caches. I just ask them to only put the date and username on the log sheet. Can normally fit about 20-25 logs on this providing they just use minmal space. I also keep extra log sheet in my cache bag so that I can replace one on the run if I happen to be near a cache and find the sheet is just about full.

I like t - I'll have to find mine.
Bad_CRC
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of emailing a keyword instead of signing a full, wet logbook in a cache with no pencil. Would be nice if that was an option in all caches... a quick and simple solution to a few common problems.

I've never had a log deleted. Even though I don't care too much about numbers, and don't even bother to log all my finds, I'd still imagine it would be kind of an insult for someone to do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: