MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome Farmerted!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:44 am    Post subject: Welcome Farmerted! Reply with quote

Just wanted to get a post started on this thread that I've been nominated to monitor, and send a welcome to Farmerted. As of now, it appears that we're the only one's joined from the Southeast...

Hmmm, we need more cachers here!
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southeast of ????
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. SE of Zimmerman!!! Cool
Farmerted
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CK
I do have plans on placing some caches in the Rochester area also I will post a link to MNGCA site on my cache pages hopefully that will get some action
Farmerted
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check it out Rochester's First Cache
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=48448&Nocache=0.7055475
sasuke
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this board. Glad to see more caches located down in this area of the state. Thanks.
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Welcome Sasuke, and thanks for your cache at St. Nicholas. Calisota and I found it on my way to 100. A nice hide!

ck
sasuke
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I had been meaning to place one for a while and finally got my butt in gear.
FarmerTed: I am surprised there aren't more caches in Rochester. I figured there would be tons there. Thanks for placing yours. I plan to get over there soon.

Sasuke
Nellamit
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: 1 more in the southeast Reply with quote

just found this forum today. thanks to the organizers.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Mankato Reply with quote

I spent this weekend in Mankato, and brought a few caches with me. We were there for the collegiate bowling regional tournament. Due to scheduling and socializing, I never got a chance to do any 'caching. I have a question: It seems that there are LOTS of city parks. Why aren't there more caches here? I have not done any investigating, but a quick look at the city's website, and a magazine in my hotel room suggests lots of places. If I were to place 3-4, would that be considered a monopoly?
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the answer to your question is due to the actual amount of cache-seekers that come through Mankato. That is to say there really aren't that many. I have one cache here that has been hit 4 times in 6 months. The population of Mankato is around 50,000 compared with the twin cities, that creates a much lower demand for caches placed. Other "larger" out-state cities don't have that many cache's either (Rochester has very few, St. Cloud has about as many as Mankato, etc.)
sasuke
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: vicious circle Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Nellamit!

I think it is sort of the vicious circle thing. The more caches there are the more seekers there will be. The more seekers the more caches being placed. For me I hate to drive an houur or so for just one cache. I would rather hit several on a day with minimal driving between them.
I am glad to see there are finally some caches being placed in the Rochester area. It is hard to get people excited in the hobby if there is nowhere close to take them.
I say go for it Kingboreas! I plan on getting over to the Mankato caches this spring and would love it if there several more to make the trip worth it for my kids. They love caching just not the time in the car.

Thanks to everyone who is helping promote this sport in the southern part of the state! This is a great family activity!

Sasuke
Big Bird and Son
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks don't forget about the Winona/LaCrosse Area caches. I think a lot of people forget about the southeast corner of the state. BK and I have put out a number of caches that range in easy for kids to some good hiking caches. Some of our caches are on the Mississippi bluffs that offer great views of the area. So, hop in your car and come to Winona.
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Farmerted Reply with quote

I have found three of Farmerted's new caches recently. All were in very nice spots and I highly recommend them. Thanks Farmerted. The three that I visited were Uban Sprawl, Caron Park, and Big Tree Hill. You will be hard pressed to find nicer cache locations.
Farmerted
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pogopod I glad you enjoyed them
Check out Haycreek Hideaway it's one of my favorites it's similar to Urban Sprawl but better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: