MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 2007 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be the July 2007 Cache of the Month?
ROCKY TOP
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Sr jeffery I
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: July 2007 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE Reply with quote

This vote will run from July 25th through July 31th 2007.

GCGQEC - ROCKY TOP by loneeagle_24
Nominated by CamoCacher
This cache starts you down a minimum maintenance road. Along the way you find that a creek crosses your path and there is no bridge - do you ford or don't you? After fording the creek you drive down into a park like setting complete with a large lake filled with fish, beaver and ducks. The lake is surrounded by granite rock outcroppings similar to once seen up North. Everything is peaceful and quiet with the sound of the river floating on the breeze. Your first cache, Rocky Top, to conquer will bring you to the top of a large outcropping of rocks with a vista view of the area, picturesque. After locating the cache and listening to the sweet sound of the songbirds as they settle in their nests for the evening you begin the journey down the rock and off to the next cache, Goldmine Lake, which walks you down the road where the trees unfold to give you the full view of the following Minnesota river as it winds quietly down the way. You notice a rock foundation of an old building and wonder what it might have been - it looks to be a single room building which is very old - an one/two room old farmstead perhaps? After quickly locating the cache in question you are drawn down the trail even further to find your very last cache, Could it be Minnesota? As you walk the area opens into a large grassy field with the river winding on one side and a pasture full of cows on the other side, skirting to one side of the area is the backside of the lake. You walk through the field to find the cache only to discover a large monument dedicating the park to a local 11 year old child who died almost 20 years ago. You marvel over the love that still shows in the care of the park, the road here is in good shape, the fire areas maintained, garbage cans dot the area, and the area is even mowed to create trails to the fire pits. At last you grab the last cache as twilight is falling. The walk back to the car is in peaceful silence as you listen to the Owls hoot, the coyotes yip and howl across the river and you see a beaver swim across the lake. A gentle sprinkle falls as you stand on the bank of lake as a fish jumps out on the lake.

GC13M0B - Sr jeffery I by Sr jeffery
Nominated by two of hearts
I would like to nominate GC13M0B Sr jeffery I. The cache has it all, a paved trail, some bushwhacking, a little challenge to get to and the family should enjoy. The cache it self is one of the most stocked caches I have come across. Cachers young and old will not be disappointed. Bring trade items as you are going to need them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: