MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARE 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abnerone wrote:
FYI - In order to save someone else the trouble....I wanted to find the named cache, and had trouble finding the Penn Avenue Shuffle.

I guess the owner changed the name of the cache since the video did give a little too much information.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it last night and I thought everyone put a very positive light on caching.

But......Gilby's daughter was the real star of the show!!!!

Last edited by Grey Wolf and Wild Rice on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I was talking to GeoPierce and pfalstad about the cache "The Declaration of Independence" GCZA4C. I still have no idea...

Signers of The Declaration of Independence all have taken a vow of silence. But email me, and I'll gladly give some hints.
Lady Z
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Sir_ Zman's tv appearance Reply with quote

Great, just great. At Super R's soccer practice today I got so, I saw you husband on the news last night. Which peaked the interest of other soccer moms wondering "why was her husband on the news". Another soccer mom said "I knew that segment was on I found it funny that so many people do that I though you were the only one", and the best line "there is no way you could have known those people on TV". I just laughed and said, yes that's the group I cache with and they're great people, I'm multifaceted I'm not just a soccer mom. Embarassed
MN_Cavepeople
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just outside in my back yard and I heard my neighbor yell over, "Hey, did I see you on the news last night?"
When I told him, "Yes" he gave me the typical "You do that huh, well, that sounds...um...interesting?" Rolling Eyes
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it was very good overall, on a par with some of the better clips I've seen from local news shows elsewhere in the country. Thanks to all cachers involved for representing us well!
bobhiker
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just logged in and took a look at the video online at Kare 11. I thought everyone did a great job. It is great to see everyone having such a great time. I will have to show up sometime. Bobhiker. Very Happy
willy1970
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
It was a masterful editing job...trust me, they have ample blackmail material back at the studio that didn't make the final cut!

I don't doubt that at all. When I think of some of the things I've done to find caches......... Shocked

MN_Cavepeople wrote:
"You do that huh, well, that sounds...um...interesting?" Rolling Eyes

I get this response a lot from people. I guess it's like the old saying, "I guess you had to be there".

-Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: