MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey I AM valuable after all - LOL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
However, it would really (edited for language) me off to see one of the new "Bear Hugs" coins for sale on ebay since they are a F2F freebie coin that I will be giving as a gift to friends.... and that is a whole different ball game than a trade coin. That is why I am seriously considering activating the lot of them to decrease their re-sale value.

I think that is a great idea.
If you never want to see them sold I think that is the only way to do it.
But don't transfer ownership. then you have control of the coins web page.
You can also write on the page that they are not for sale.
It is a lot of work though.

Ohh yeah I have some of my new V3 trackable wooden nickels for you to place in the MN cache placed in WY. They will be ready for release when marky gets them into sigitem.com

I might as well throw in at least one Alvin's Phone Line too.

-Merkman
WI_Robin
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how easy it is to get one of your coins, I have been trying......... I wouldn't buy it on E-bay though, I activated and release all of the coins that I am keeping. Soon to be over 200 coins in the wild as soon as the latest batch gets holes drilled in them and tags attached. I do trade and sell some, but I would never sell a trade only coin. Activating them and keeping "ownership" may or may not help. A Moun10bike just sold a couple of weeks ago on E-bay for over $280. It really made me sick, considering that when you get one you are expressly told that they are not to be sold. It's sad that someone would be willing to sell their integrity for $280 no matter how "dire" the circumstances. But I guess that's easy to say, since I am not in those unknown circumstances!?!? Anyway, I would love to trade for one of your coins. It will be immediately activated, tagged and set free to roam.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WI_Robin wrote:
I don't know how easy it is to get one of your coins, I have been trying......... I wouldn't buy it on E-bay though, I activated and release all of the coins that I am keeping. Soon to be over 200 coins in the wild as soon as the latest batch gets holes drilled in them and tags attached. I do trade and sell some, but I would never sell a trade only coin. Activating them and keeping "ownership" may or may not help. A Moun10bike just sold a couple of weeks ago on E-bay for over $280. It really made me sick, considering that when you get one you are expressly told that they are not to be sold. It's sad that someone would be willing to sell their integrity for $280 no matter how "dire" the circumstances. But I guess that's easy to say, since I am not in those unknown circumstances!?!? Anyway, I would love to trade for one of your coins. It will be immediately activated, tagged and set free to roam.

Hey Robin, I have one that I'll sell you for $50!

JUST KIDDING CENTRIS!!!!! I just couldn't resist. Wink
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby3 wrote:
JUST KIDDING CENTRIS!!!!! I just couldn't resist. Wink

Speaking of coins that might be for sale --- how much $$$ will it take to get that PINK ExMN out of your possession??
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:

Speaking of coins that might be for sale --- how much $$$ will it take to get that PINK ExMN out of your possession??
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PRICELESS!!!!!

Think of it this way. That coin is way more appreciated in my possession than it ever could be when lost, stolen or forgotten about out in the woods. It is my single favorite geocaching item, and I will never part with it! Very Happy
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang - I just chased after a particularly tricky cache in Duluth (Enjoy the View - GCJBEN) that lists a Centris geocoin - found the cache, but no coin!

Think of the money I could have... er, the pleasure of finding this unique coin!
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is WRONG with people??? Confused
The second Centris coin to hit ebay sold today for $118.50
Even after I made him change the listing... geeeze!!!!
-----> HERE

Now I need to figure out a way to cash in on this gravy train... that would pay for gas all the way to Des Moines. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghost640 wrote:
Dang - I just chased after a particularly tricky cache in Duluth (Enjoy the View - GCJBEN) that lists a Centris geocoin - found the cache, but no coin!

Think of the money I could have... er, the pleasure of finding this unique coin!

Hopefully you would have split the money with me.... since I released that one. Laughing
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should list one of your coins for you, just so it's not coming from the source Wink

I'm guessing if the owner/creator of a coin tries to sell theirs they don't see those kind of prices.... But if a private collector does, they see $$$.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I should list one of your coins for you, just so it's not coming from the source Wink

I'm guessing if the owner/creator of a coin tries to sell theirs they don't see those kind of prices.... But if a private collector does, they see $$$.

Ya it wouldn't look to good SOLD OUT CENTRIS GEOCOIN sold by Centris.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this would be a good money maker for the club- somebody could start selling them on ebay and the money go to the club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: