MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey I AM valuable after all - LOL
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
merkman
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 03 Jun 2006

Posts: 2032

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
However, it would really (edited for language) me off to see one of the new "Bear Hugs" coins for sale on ebay since they are a F2F freebie coin that I will be giving as a gift to friends.... and that is a whole different ball game than a trade coin. That is why I am seriously considering activating the lot of them to decrease their re-sale value.


I think that is a great idea.
If you never want to see them sold I think that is the only way to do it.
But don't transfer ownership. then you have control of the coins web page.
You can also write on the page that they are not for sale.
It is a lot of work though.

Ohh yeah I have some of my new V3 trackable wooden nickels for you to place in the MN cache placed in WY. They will be ready for release when marky gets them into sigitem.com

I might as well throw in at least one Alvin's Phone Line too.

-Merkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WI_Robin
Geocacher


Joined: 15 Feb 2007

Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how easy it is to get one of your coins, I have been trying......... I wouldn't buy it on E-bay though, I activated and release all of the coins that I am keeping. Soon to be over 200 coins in the wild as soon as the latest batch gets holes drilled in them and tags attached. I do trade and sell some, but I would never sell a trade only coin. Activating them and keeping "ownership" may or may not help. A Moun10bike just sold a couple of weeks ago on E-bay for over $280. It really made me sick, considering that when you get one you are expressly told that they are not to be sold. It's sad that someone would be willing to sell their integrity for $280 no matter how "dire" the circumstances. But I guess that's easy to say, since I am not in those unknown circumstances!?!? Anyway, I would love to trade for one of your coins. It will be immediately activated, tagged and set free to roam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGilby4
Geocacher


Joined: 01 Nov 2005

Posts: 718

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WI_Robin wrote:
I don't know how easy it is to get one of your coins, I have been trying......... I wouldn't buy it on E-bay though, I activated and release all of the coins that I am keeping. Soon to be over 200 coins in the wild as soon as the latest batch gets holes drilled in them and tags attached. I do trade and sell some, but I would never sell a trade only coin. Activating them and keeping "ownership" may or may not help. A Moun10bike just sold a couple of weeks ago on E-bay for over $280. It really made me sick, considering that when you get one you are expressly told that they are not to be sold. It's sad that someone would be willing to sell their integrity for $280 no matter how "dire" the circumstances. But I guess that's easy to say, since I am not in those unknown circumstances!?!? Anyway, I would love to trade for one of your coins. It will be immediately activated, tagged and set free to roam.


Hey Robin, I have one that I'll sell you for $50!


JUST KIDDING CENTRIS!!!!! I just couldn't resist. Wink
_________________
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods..." - Lord Byron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair


Joined: 27 Nov 2002

Posts: 620

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby3 wrote:
JUST KIDDING CENTRIS!!!!! I just couldn't resist. Wink

Speaking of coins that might be for sale --- how much $$$ will it take to get that PINK ExMN out of your possession??
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGilby4
Geocacher


Joined: 01 Nov 2005

Posts: 718

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:

Speaking of coins that might be for sale --- how much $$$ will it take to get that PINK ExMN out of your possession??
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


PRICELESS!!!!!

Think of it this way. That coin is way more appreciated in my possession than it ever could be when lost, stolen or forgotten about out in the woods. It is my single favorite geocaching item, and I will never part with it! Very Happy
_________________
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods..." - Lord Byron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ghost640
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Nov 2006

Posts: 270

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang - I just chased after a particularly tricky cache in Duluth (Enjoy the View - GCJBEN) that lists a Centris geocoin - found the cache, but no coin!

Think of the money I could have... er, the pleasure of finding this unique coin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair


Joined: 27 Nov 2002

Posts: 620

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is WRONG with people??? Confused
The second Centris coin to hit ebay sold today for $118.50
Even after I made him change the listing... geeeze!!!!
-----> HERE

Now I need to figure out a way to cash in on this gravy train... that would pay for gas all the way to Des Moines. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
merkman
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 03 Jun 2006

Posts: 2032

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghost640 wrote:
Dang - I just chased after a particularly tricky cache in Duluth (Enjoy the View - GCJBEN) that lists a Centris geocoin - found the cache, but no coin!

Think of the money I could have... er, the pleasure of finding this unique coin!


Hopefully you would have split the money with me.... since I released that one. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 22 Feb 2004

Posts: 1424

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should list one of your coins for you, just so it's not coming from the source Wink

I'm guessing if the owner/creator of a coin tries to sell theirs they don't see those kind of prices.... But if a private collector does, they see $$$.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
merkman
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 03 Jun 2006

Posts: 2032

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I should list one of your coins for you, just so it's not coming from the source Wink

I'm guessing if the owner/creator of a coin tries to sell theirs they don't see those kind of prices.... But if a private collector does, they see $$$.



Ya it wouldn't look to good SOLD OUT CENTRIS GEOCOIN sold by Centris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagleyes
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Jun 2003

Posts: 743

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this would be a good money maker for the club- somebody could start selling them on ebay and the money go to the club.
_________________
LIFE IS GOOD;CABIN LIFE IS GREAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.