MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October Cache of the Month submissions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: October Cache of the Month submissions Reply with quote

Hi all,
In response to several requests by members of this forum we are going to start a new monthly section on the main page of mngca.org -- Cache of the Month. This will be a monthly column honoring a geocache chosen by members of this forum. Here's how it will work:

**Nominations will be accepted for the October cache of the Month between now and September 18th or when 10 caches have been nominated, whichever comes first. These nominations must be emailed to me by midnight September 18th.
**Nominations need to be written as cache of the month articles and give the reader a spoiler-free description of what makes the cache special. Photos can be submitted with nominations.
**Sometime on the 19th I will post the nominations in a new thread as a poll so that everyone can vote for their choice.
**Like all polls on this forum only registered forum members can vote and we only get one vote each.
**Voting will end on midnight September 23rd and the article will be posted as the October cache of the Month on the front page of mngca.org.
**Members-only caches can be nominated, but do so at your own risk -- non-members of geocaching.com may not vote for a cache that they will never visit.
**Nominated caches must be available for visiting at the time of nomination. Nominations for caches "temporarily unavailable" or archived caches will be rejected.
**You can not nominate your own cache.
**You can only nominate 1 cache per month
**You can not nominate a cache which was in the running (up for voting in the poll) in the previous month. (Let's give everyone a chance!) Two months later the same cache can be re-nominated by the original nominator or anyone else.
**Only caches in the state of Minnesota are eligble for nomination.
**The MnGCA board and the site webmasters reserve the right to reject nominations based on content. We also reserve the right to alter the text of the nomination for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
**Duplicate nominations will be combined into one nomination with both submitter's articles included.

--Why the short turnaround this month? I've taken too long to write this up and I'm going on vacation in late September --sorry. We will have more time in the months to come.
--Why the name change from "Featured Cache"? The webmasters and board may want to continue "Featuring" geocaches in addition to the "Cache of the Month". I'm pretty sure the Featured cache will no longer be monthly.
--Why only 10 nominations per month? This keeps the numbers manageable and only up to 9 people will be disappointed after taking the time to write an article. Don't worry, you can get your nomination in the next month.
--Why does the article need to be written before submission? So that we know it will be written on time (and I know how tough that can be!) and so that the board and webmasters can reject submissions of non family-friendly content.

Consider this a trial run and we will see how it goes. Hopefully this can be fun!

Let me know what you think. I wrote this in one sitting and I'm sure the rules will need tweaking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: