MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cache recommendations for Corey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jillibean
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Cache recommendations for Corey Reply with quote

Hi All,

I received this email from Corey in Georgia, who is looking for recommendations to fun caches in southwestern Minnesota. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote:
my name is corey (geonick: team PEZ) and i will be in the south dakota area
late next week. i fly into sioux falls, sd and will drive to vermillion,
sd. along my way, i will cache along route 29, i believe.

since minnesota is so close to where i will be, i am looking for some good,
quick caches - preferably regulars to hit, so i can unload some travel bugs
i will be bringing. and maybe grab some bugs to take back to georgia. i am
hoping that you can tell me some caches to hit that are along a major road
(so i can get back to south dakota ok)

perhaps you may not be the person to help me, but maybe you can point me
in the right direction.

thanks tremendously!

corey
marietta, georgia

loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing a little looking at some of the ones I have been to over by Soiux Falls. Have him put 57101 in on the main page of GC.com. This will get him most of the caches around Soiux Falls. I have a book that I got from my dad last year that has all of the zip codes for every town in every state in the US. There isn't but 1 or 2 caches that are close to Soiux Falls that are in MN. I live about 90 miles away and don't get that direction all that often. I'm not sure how far of a distance he is talking about driving fom I-29. There are probably around 25 caches in or near Soiux Falls. There are about 6-8 new ones in the last week or so that have been placed there. No idea how easy these new ones would be to get to. If he cares to make the drive up to Watertown, SD. There are a couple that are just off of the interstate that are pretty easy. Hopefully this will help him.

If I had to reccomend one cache, that would have to be the "Abandoned Railroad" cache (WGS84) This cache is an amazing area. The bridge at this cache is AWESOME!!! Take a camera with for this one. But please come at it from the East side.

Of course if he wants to come up near Montevideo That would be great. There are several around Monte and Granite Falls that I have placed.

If he has anymore questions let me know.
Jillibean
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: