MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B.U.G.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: B.U.G. Reply with quote

http://www.kstp.com/article/view/118373/--just saw this on the news--and I thought wandering around in the woods using billions of dollars worth of research and technology looking for McToys™ in Tupperware™ hidden in hollow trees was odd!!!
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine the traffic and parking problems this "game" will cause. Confused AAakkkk!

Too bad there was no decent pictures of the teams hoisting and following their game pieces around, they are HUGE!
I heard someone on the radio call it a "competitive flash mob". It will be interesting to see how it all works out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw some promotional material for this game, including an ad on the back of the rake magazine, if i'm not mistaken, but it wasn't until this morning when i saw that awful m.a. rosko doing one of her "field reports" on the fox 9 morning disaster formerly known as good day (grief) minnesota that i saw my first ounce of press coverage.

it seems to me that a "game" that wants people to learn more about the core cities and participate in the event, both online and in person, would do a better job of promoting itself prior to. (it's the first time it has been staged, so i can appreciate some of the difficulty.)

i was going to mention this last week, but was a bit too busy w/ preparations to leave town.

how much did anyone else know about this game before it started?
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm....so that's where my daughters U. of M. tuition is going.. Shocked
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmmmm....so that's where my daughters U. of M. tuition is going..

Just whatever's left over after sports are paid for.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
Just whatever's left over after sports are paid for.

The school I graduated from dropped 4 or 5 men's sports to "fix budget problems" yet had enough money to support 88 full scholarships (Div. I A minimum, ugh) for football and stadium lights so that they could play at night (at a nominal cost of $1.6 million).

The priorities of colleges these days are the pits. Hopefully the U of MN will continue in its tradition as a fine Big10 institution Smile

Silent Bob
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the 3 teams go after 100 metro geocaches in 3 days in a scramble format. They would get to see a lot more of the cities than just walking down some streets pushing a large inflatable with a slow air leak.

-Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: