MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 2007 - Cache of the Month Nominees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: May 2007 - Cache of the Month Nominees Reply with quote

The nominated caches for May 2007 are:

GC123RW - The Curse of Devil's Island: Dark Shadow by DOC.
Nominated by Da Bloodhound
I would like to offer as COM a new series called "The Curse of Devil's Island" series by DOC. The series offers four out of the ordinary caches, GC123RW, GC123RN, GC123RD and GC123R7. This is a fun series of fairly easy caches that would be great for the kids, parents and grandparents alike. Clever containers and fun stories to go with each. Who would have known Devil's Island was in Oakdale of all places. A bonus to this series is a new puzzle cache on the same island by the always creative Mutsley & Crew. Their new Black Pearl, Dead Man's Chest, GC12342 helps make the tale of Devil's Island come alive. You can park near the entire collection of caches and spend about an hour and a half touring Devil's Island.

GC11R79 - Flip-side Creek by froggykd
Nominated by minnesotabrad
I would like to nominate GC11R79 Flip-side Creek by froggykd. The day it was posted I went to try and be FTF. Arriving at the location there was another cacher and his son looking and there had already been two other cachers that had given up the hunt and left. It is one of the best camo’d cache containers I have seen. It has some DNFs but all who have found have been very impressed by their log entries.

The vote will not start until May 25th to allow everyone time to find the nominated caches. Also, please feel free to post reviews or thoughts on the nominated caches in this thread if you have found them.

To nominate caches for June, just email me at gps@july15.com or PM me here.
Proys
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Flip-side Creek by froggykd Reply with quote

Went out for the hunt of this cache. This one can be very difficult, but is a pleasure to finally find. The cache container is awsome and makes for a challengin hunt. This cache in up against tough competition with the "The Curse of Devil's Island" series by DOC. I have found both of the nominated caches and enjoyed them both. Which ever cache you vote is not the issue, just go out give these both a try as they are excellent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: