MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carver County Parks and Recreation Geocaching Guidelines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Carver County Parks and Recreation Geocaching Guidelines Reply with quote

Are official and located Arrow here.

I'd like to thank Lenny Klevan Schmitz for his help and support on geocaching in Carver County. Lenny can be contacted via the email on their guidelines page. He is also known as Carverguy here on our forum.

Last edited by towlebooth on Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Carver County Parks and Recreation Geocaching Guidelines Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Are official and located Arrow here.

It doesn't mention whether or not another cache could replace the other at the end of the year somewhere else in the park...

Silent Bob
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Carver County Parks and Recreation Geocaching Guidelines Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:

It doesn't mention whether or not another cache could replace the other at the end of the year somewhere else in the park...

I'm sure that this would be fine. Carver County is interested in promoting geocaching as well as their parks. One of the current cache owners in Carver should contact Lenny for a clairification.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to decide which ones to remove.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Carverguy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: New Caches Reply with quote

Once a cache has reached its maturity (1 year) another cache certainly can be placed in the park at a different location. Individuals interested in placing caches in our park system should contact me, and we can set something up. The idea of a waiting list has been talked about. There is currently 1 cache which has been in the parks since May 2002, I would like to give that person 1st chance to relocate a cache at Minnewashta with the new policy.

Please feel free to email any questions to lschmitz@co.carver.mn.us or call me at 952-466-5250.

Thank you Very Happy
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Dakota Rail Line Reply with quote

Carver County has asked us not to place caches on the Dakota Rail Line (inside Carver County).

This sounds like it may change once the trail is further developed although the funds for that won't be released for a few years.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added Regional Trails to the KMZ listing here: http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3003

The information points (because these are lines and not polygons) are a little wacky but for the Dakota Rail Line you will be able to clearly see where it is because it stands off by itself.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New Caches Reply with quote

Carverguy wrote:
Please feel free to email any questions to lschmitz@co.carver.mn.us or call me at 952-466-5250.

Thank you Very Happy

Thanks for your support of geocaching!!!!

It is really nice to see individuals in positions such as yours taking an active role in advancing geocaching in a positive way!!!Cool

Even though it is not always said, you make a difference to a lot of people in the geocaching community.

-merkman
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Caches Reply with quote

merkman wrote:

It is really nice to see individuals in positions such as yours taking an active role in advancing geocaching in a positive way!!!Cool

Even though it is not always said, you make a difference to a lot of people in the geocaching community.

-merkman

merk,

While Lenny is probably still a big supporter of geocaching (Paklid and I met with him in person back in 2005), I just wanted to remind you that he posted that 3 years ago Smile
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New Caches Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
merkman wrote:

-merkman

merk,

While Lenny is probably still a big supporter of geocaching (Paklid and I met with him in person back in 2005), I just wanted to remind you that he posted that 3 years ago Smile

Whoops. Embarassed
I just get excited when I hear of people wanting to work with us!!

Why are people bringing up these old posts Question Question Question Wink Laughing

Very cool though!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New Caches Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
Why are people bringing up these old posts Question Question Question Wink Laughing

To keep all the posts about Carver County's guidelines in one place so you don't have to search 10 different threads to find information about one topic Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: