MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Annual Greater Iron Range GeoPicnic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: 1st Annual Greater Iron Range GeoPicnic Reply with quote

U.S. Forest Service Lake Leander Picnic Area Britt, Minnesota.

N 47 40.230 W 092 45.113

Greater Iron Range GeoPicnic.
Sunday September 14th
2:00 p.m.~ ?

The event is being held at the U.S. Forest Service Lake Leander Picnic Area. This area has a small playground for children, a nice sandy beach, a pavilion, several picnic tables with fire pits and grates, and pit toilets. There is no overnight camping. This is a bring your own event so plan on your own food and drink. If you want to barbecue you should bring along a small grill. In addition if you want to have a fire in one of the pits you need to supply your own wood. This is a great area and should work nicely for this event. Plan on rain or shine since there is a shelter we can use, which also has a fireplace.

Please post a note if you plan to come or not. It would be fun to meet as many people as possible that day. A couple of temporary caches will be placed for the event, and bring travel bugs for a bug swap. Team Hooligan also plans to launch a new travel bug at this event to commemorate it.

Team Hooligan & Eagleyes
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another geo-event! COOL! I will try to make it. I was in the area this weekend and will be in Duluth next. Three weekends in the northland in a row -- sweet!
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the organizers of the event don't mind a quick plug:

I would encourage everyone to attend the geo-picnic this weekend on the Iron Range. Geo-picnics are fun in their own right and the other geocaches in the greater range area are some of the best in the state.

I hope to grab the dog on Saturday morning, cache all the way North and camp somewhere nearby so I'm close to the spot in the morning. Still haven't convinced Jillibean of the need to head to the Northland for the third weekend in a row. . .

Cache page

--towlebooth
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Right Towlebooth! Will be good to have at least one person from the big city. I was just checking the event page on the main site and would like to see a few more posting of people who can make it. This is the first event we have had up here and I'm looking forward to it.
~Team Hooligan.
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all you came! It was a fun time and great to meet other fellow cachers. This was the first event I have been to, but I look forward to making it to more in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: