MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exonumia: Strike Zone (Friday, April 13, 2007)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Exonumia: Strike Zone (Friday, April 13, 2007) Reply with quote

Hey, I'm up for some fun. Received this email:

Dear Mr. Boreas,

Ref: Exonumia: Strike Zone

I suspect you will soon archive this one (comming up on 3 yrs old).

I am the last known finder, now nearly 1 yr ago.
This cache is unique for several reasons, not the least of which is its percentage of DNF's. In the face of numerous DNF's, and it not being found in a year, people still come out to try their luck... then post highly emotional and passionate logs online.

Since I am the most recent finder (1 yr), I would offer you, and other interested cachers (several have this on their watchlist) to hold a "Last-to-Find" event at the cache site about the time you might be thinking of archiving it.

I work nearby, and could host such an event about 5 to 5:30, preferably on a Wednesday or Friday evening.
If frustrated cachers would like some "closure" on this cache, and redeem their futile searches, it might generate some interest. I risk some personal embarassment as I can't guarantee that even I can re-find it again... it was a tough hide! But I have pretty thick skin and would be willing to try it again with an audience.

What do you think?

Regards,
Glen ( VectorHound )

Another previous finder, jREST, has signed on. The date I proposed, and they both accepted, is this coming Friday, the 13th.

Spread the word, post a note, and let's get this nasty bugger outta there.

Arrow A great CITO opportunity !!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCJHB7, Exonumia: Strike Zone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: