MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cache o' the month?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: New Cache o' the month? Reply with quote

Is there another cache you have in mind for January? I've got a good "ski-to" one I could do a short write up on... =)
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Janurary's. How about you do February? We might even have snow by then! Thanks for volunteering.
Very Happy

I should have Janurary up by the end of the week.
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll do that and have it to you near the end of the month.
EelSid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Woodlands Hollow Reply with quote

Just saw that you recommended Woodlands Hollow for the cache of the month, I agree that was a neat cache. I stopped by at about 3:30 on one of those really short December days, and by the time I got out of there it was already getting dark! I liked how original the hide was, especially for it's time. Though I wasn't thrilled about the container, the fact that it was cache number 662 when they are in the 57000 range now is amazing! This cache has been there, fairly close to a house, for over two years so come on out and check out a piece of MN geocaching history. And whle you're in the area check out doctom's other existing cache, The Refuge, for a nice walk in some beautiful Oak woods on sandy soil.
Big Bird and Son
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lot of cache experience, but the best cache to date for us has been the "Lair" cache in Houston County. It was a nice hike in with a neat little cave and a great view of the valley. Just my 2 cents.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time a Metro-area cache is chosen for cache of the month, might I suggest Minnehaha Falls Park Tour by Watrwalker, GC370D? Even though it is a 3/3 rated multi-point/puzzler, it is a great tour of the area's history, and gives one a chance to try out different features of their GPS receiver. I've even revisited it a couple of times to place Travel Bugs, and even put one in last weekend.
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to appear to be pandering to tollbooth, but my favorite cache, at least within 50 miles of home, is Georgeous by tollbooth. I visited it in winter and was blown away by the sudden appearance of the general cache location. The actual hide is clever and refreshing after the many "in the woods" caches that this part of world lends inself to. I'm sure many of us did not know of this park before the cache was placed. If you have not visited, I highly recommend it.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pogopod wrote:
Not to appear to be pandering to tollbooth, but my favorite cache, at least within 50 miles of home, is Georgeous by tollbooth. I visited it in winter and was blown away by the sudden appearance of the general cache location. The actual hide is clever and refreshing after the many "in the woods" caches that this part of world lends inself to. I'm sure many of us did not know of this park before the cache was placed. If you have not visited, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the kind words pogopod! Of all my caches, that is the one I am truly proud of. The one near Duluth and the one on the Echo Trail are also pretty cool spots.

After a long meeting with the editorial staff of the MnGCA it was decided that no caches by the writers will be included as featured caches, at least until we run out of other great ones to list!
Wink
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chance to visit Wind in the Pines last Saturday. After reading the posts I also have to agree that it is one of the best of the beautiful ones that is in the area. I didn't get to walk all of the trails, but will have to go back when I have the energy. JK
MN Lost Boy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Cache of the month Reply with quote

Hello!

Just wondering if I can nominate my own Cache Laughing for Cache of the month?

I've had some very nice compliments....

It is- "Wind in Pines" in zip Code 55047

Regards,

Lost Boy Very Happy

When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: cotm Reply with quote

How about setting up a cache of the month voting scheme similar to the one Wiconsin Geocaching Assn. uses? Eveyone can have their say and the one with the most votes wins for the month.
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a good idea, if someone wanted to administer it (take a look, insure it's "the best" [Towlebooth, do you have enough to do Laughing ]. This could also give us a "Top ten Minnesota caches" list after we compile some votes, which I think would be very cool.

Heck, with Towle's guidance, I'll volunteer for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: